GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmk6 Wheel/Fitment Info Thread!

StayStetti

Banned
Purchased some wheels last night!

I'm going to need your help with figuring out how to fit these!

Looking for recommendation on tire size to minimize rubbing and also what modification tips & tricks were needed to make these fit. I could swap 225/40's onto new wheels but afraid that size might be too large. Thoughts?

Current Setup:
18x8 et45 Squared Up Interlagos on 225/40s on H&R Street Performance Coils.

New Setup:
18x8.5 et30 & 18x9.5 et35 ESR SR02's on __TIRE__ on H&R Street Performance Coils​

Quick snaps to show you guys.

[IG]https://s32.postimg.org/jundeuswl/VSCO_Cam_2.jpg[/IMG]
[MG]https://s32.postimg.org/pwv05chcl/VSCO_Cam_1.jpg[/IMG]

215/225 or 205/215, camber, save for new wheels

davserbic

Ready to race!
Purchased some wheels last night!

I'm going to need your help with figuring out how to fit these!

Looking for recommendation on tire size to minimize rubbing and also what modification tips & tricks were needed to make these fit. I could swap 225/40's onto new wheels but afraid that size might be too large. Thoughts?

Current Setup:
18x8 et45 Squared Up Interlagos on 225/40s on H&R Street Performance Coils.

New Setup:
18x8.5 et30 & 18x9.5 et35 ESR SR02's on __TIRE__ on H&R Street Performance Coils​

215/225 or 205/215, camber, save for new wheels

Is there a reason for recommending a staggered setup? Id prefer to not have to get 2 sets of 2 but rather just a set of 4 since its cheaper. Maybe 215/40 all around.

I purchased 215/35 but like NO ONE in town wants to mount them for me.. especially on the 9.5. Im thinking of returning them (if I can) and do an exchange. There has to be a reason why no one can either do it or just does not want to take a chance.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
Is there a reason for recommending a staggered setup? Id prefer to not have to get 2 sets of 2 but rather just a set of 4 since its cheaper. Maybe 215/40 all around.

I purchased 215/35 but like NO ONE in town wants to mount them for me.. especially on the 9.5. Im thinking of returning them (if I can) and do an exchange. There has to be a reason why no one can either do it or just does not want to take a chance.

its because of liability. if you crash and get injured because of the tires you're able to sue them for negligence. plus not many shops take the extra time to stretch them.

c72k

Go Kart Champion
I asked on the BBK and wheel thread, but didn't get a response, so I figure I'd ask here as well, does anyone know if the ST-40 BBK will fit with an 18x7.5 et 51? Or would I need to run a spacer

Invidious

Ready to race!
Im looking to build a set of bbs rs wheels. I found these bbs rs 035. I know the bore is bigger and the pattern is 5x114. Just wondering if anyone knows if these will clear the stock brakes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RenoMK6

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm looking to get these wheels 18x8.5 et30 squared, but I feel like they are just a little too aggressive for the front. For sure gonna need at least 215/40 on the fronts.

Does anyone else have experience with a similar setup? I know it is possible but is it something that i would really want to daily on shitty roads?

18x8.5 et35 here. I think its absolutely perfect for the front. My setup is currently square but if i could upgrade, I'd go with a 9" up to 9.5" in the rear. Went 205/40 in front and 225/40 in the rear for the rake look. -2.8 camber in front and -3 in the rear. last pic is just for whoring:attention_whore:

SirClimax

Ready to race!
yes. I did a while ago

How much room would you say you had left? Do you think you could have fit a wheels with a more aggressive offset without having to use skinnier tires?

davserbic

Ready to race!
18x8.5 et35 here. I think its absolutely perfect for the front. My setup is currently square but if i could upgrade, I'd go with a 9" up to 9.5" in the rear. Went 205/40 in front and 225/40 in the rear for the rake look. -2.8 camber in front and -3 in the rear. last pic is just for whoring:attention_whore:

We have similar setups.. 18x8.5 et30 and 18x9.5 et35 on 215/40s all around. Are those Golf R skirts? I have the same lip on my MK6.

IndyW

We have similar setups.. 18x8.5 et30 and 18x9.5 et35 on 215/40s all around. Are those Golf R skirts? I have the same lip on my MK6.
Did you get the wheels and tires mounted? How's the fitment in the front? You think there will be any major rubbing issues? I wanna go for your exact setup :thumbsup:

davserbic

Ready to race!
Did you get the wheels and tires mounted? How's the fitment in the front? You think there will be any major rubbing issues? I wanna go for your exact setup :thumbsup:

I got the wheels and tires mounted on this weekend. There IS rubbing but it is minimal! WAY less than I anticipated. It's the faint soft kind of rubbing, not a loud aggressive rub. Oddly enough my left side doesn't rub but entire right does. It's mostly just when the weight is transferred to the front while braking through a turn. An hour or two behind the fender roller should take care of it, no problem.

I don't have any photos just yet because the wheels and tires have mounting paste and crap all over them. After I clean it up, I'll have some photos.

Highly recommend the setup though, aggressive and fun. Been getting looks and thumbs up all weekend. :w00t::attention_whore:

IndyW

I got the wheels and tires mounted on this weekend. There IS rubbing but it is minimal! WAY less than I anticipated. It's the faint soft kind of rubbing, not a loud aggressive rub. Oddly enough my left side doesn't rub but entire right does. It's mostly just when the weight is transferred to the front while braking through a turn. An hour or two behind the fender roller should take care of it, no problem.

I don't have any photos just yet because the wheels and tires have mounting paste and crap all over them. After I clean it up, I'll have some photos.

Highly recommend the setup though, aggressive and fun. Been getting looks and thumbs up all weekend. :w00t::attention_whore:

Oh you haven't rolled your fenders yet? That should take care of it, can't wait to see some pics!