GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmk6 Wheel/Fitment Info Thread!

CMGTI

Ready to race!
I'm looking towards the mb battles that are 18x9.5 et15 wrapped with 225/40 r18
Would It require massive camber or fender rolling? To be tucking of course

I was looking at those same wheels too. But i'm going with 18x8 et43 on all 4s. Plus only 19lbs too, 5 lbs lighter than my 710's.

davserbic

Ready to race!
Hey,

Curious if anyone could comment who has had personal experience with Alphards 18x8.5 (et35) and 9.5 (et40) on a Mk6 w/ Bags.

Currently Im running ESR SR02s at 18x8.5 (et30) and 9.5 (et35) and am on coils. I rub in the rear here or there but nothing major.

Switching over to bags -- airlift slam series v2 and am considering Alphards for my setup. Any recommendations would be helpful. Im considering 215/40s all around.

Thanks in advance.

senseless1707

Ready to race!
Tempted on a set of 18x9.5 et35's. Square setup. I've seen guys run these in the rear, any fitment issues up front? I'm on H&R Super Sport springs with the plans on going coils/bags in the future.

Current setup:
18x8.5 et35

Thanks for the help!

Davespence20

Ready to race!
Tempted on a set of 18x9.5 et35's. Square setup. I've seen guys run these in the rear, any fitment issues up front? I'm on H&R Super Sport springs with the plans on going coils/bags in the future.

Current setup:

18x8.5 et35

Thanks for the help!

Possibly may need a small spacer to clear the strut. I tried a 17x9.5 et 37 and it hit the strut. I threw in a 5mm spacer and it was fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spagett!

Go Kart Champion
How about running 235/40s on 18x8 et45s and DG springs + fender screw mod for winter?

Last edited:

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
You'll be fine

davserbic

Ready to race!
Current Setup: 18x8.5/9.5 (et30/35) on 215/40s.

Prospect Wheels: 19x8.5 (et45)

Question: What are some of the implications of switching up from a 18" to a 19" wheel on a bagged mk6?

Currently I have a Mk6 on coils (rolled fenders) that will be bagged by the end of next week. Im in the market to look for new wheels and am debating between 18s and 19s. I have never owned 19s before and do not know what it might mean on a bagged mk6. Im familiar with sizing, tires and offsets for 18s and on coils but curious if anything changes to a 19."

Are there certain offsets I should avoid?
What size tires should I run on 19s to avoid rubbing?
Is the ride height more noticeable on 19s when aired out?

Thanks for your time + patience!

mikeleemk6

Go Kart Champion
Current Setup: 18x8.5/9.5 (et30/35) on 215/40s.

Prospect Wheels: 19x8.5 (et45)

Question: What are some of the implications of switching up from a 18" to a 19" wheel on a bagged mk6?

Currently I have a Mk6 on coils (rolled fenders) that will be bagged by the end of next week. Im in the market to look for new wheels and am debating between 18s and 19s. I have never owned 19s before and do not know what it might mean on a bagged mk6. Im familiar with sizing, tires and offsets for 18s and on coils but curious if anything changes to a 19."

Are there certain offsets I should avoid?
What size tires should I run on 19s to avoid rubbing?
Is the ride height more noticeable on 19s when aired out?

Thanks for your time + patience!

I have 19x8.5 et 45 also bagged running 225/35/19 with no rubbing issues.

davserbic

Ready to race!
I have 19x8.5 et 45 also bagged running 225/35/19 with no rubbing issues.

Hey Mike! Can you post pics of those 19's while aired out please?

Some of my concerns:
Can you lay frame on 19's when aired out? If so, what tire combination would be required?
What is the distance gap between body and ground when driving? I don't want to have to sit high while driving.
What is more commonly found on 19's, 215/35s or 225/35s or 235/35s? Why?

Again, thanks again for taking the time!

Dado

Last edited:

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
1) yes you can lay frame. 225/35 will be fine

Distance is as high as you want it to be. You're on air. Pick your poison.

Tire size depends on wheel fitment and width.
225/35 on 19x8.5 et45 will be a good fit

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
Those those running wider wheels

18x9 et47
Will this hit the front strut or the rear shock? Not too worried about how it sits with the fenders. Gonna pull accordingly. Just wanna make sure it won't hit anything on the inside haha

Kyle805

Ready to race!
The backs shouldn't be an issue, I ran 18x9.5 et45 and didn't have any problems. The fronts I think you're gonna need a spacer, probably around 7mm or so.

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
9.5 +35 with 225/40/18 in rear. Need advise: How much camber i am looking at? Anyone got pics? Btw im on koni coils all the way down. Thanks!

Hockeyman11385

Passed Driver's Ed
Tried a search but couldn't find exactly what I was looking for. I have access to a set of 18x8 et 32's. Will these fit with 225/40's on stock suspension and possibly H&R sports?Thanks in advance for your help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk