GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Next Car Swap

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Agreed.

Just lower the down payment since you'll be rightside up in no time anyway, and you can keep more cash in savings.

2k down probably includes first and last month payment and a security deposit ... wtf ppl?! seriously wtf. That's about as low as it gets

McQueen77

Banned
I'd up the payment to keep more Cash in hand but whatev. And I think you guys are missing some detail here. If it was $2000 all in drive off that means first payment, acquisition and bank fee, license and reg etc. The actual amount 'down' is prob $500. Now if it is all those things on top of two grand, that blows and he should just have a slightly higher payment.

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
any money down on a lease is a waste. Especially a subi that doesn't depreciate. "fees" usually include first and last plus security deposit.

Bender1

Banned
i know its a perfect decision. you guys can have fun discussing why its not all day long if you want. btw, we do plan to keep the forester past the lease. but we are safe just in case something changes, and we won't be too bad underwater.

That makes no sense. If buying after why not now? With 2k down you will never be under water. Financing rates are good. Even if the right car the lease makes even less sense now. You've officially lost it. This has gone from entertaining to truly concerning for your mental health.

ToMMyGuN

Go Kart Champion
That makes no sense. If buying after why not now? With 2k down you will never be under water. Financing rates are good. Even if the right car the lease makes even less sense now. You've officially lost it. This has gone from entertaining to truly concerning for your mental health.
Good points, though I think his concern is the cash out of pocket for taxes. Buy you can roll that into financing, right? Also the payment would be higher, which is what he seems fixated on

Bender1

Banned
Good points, though I think his concern is the cash out of pocket for taxes. Buy you can roll that into financing, right? Also the payment would be higher, which is what he seems fixated on

Then he should be buying used. If you worry about the payments you cannot afford the car.

PetrolHead

I'd up the payment to keep more Cash in hand but whatev. And I think you guys are missing some detail here. If it was $2000 all in drive off that means first payment, acquisition and bank fee, license and reg etc. The actual amount 'down' is prob $500. Now if it is all those things on top of two grand, that blows and he should just have a slightly higher payment.

Oh, good point.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
I think leasing is a pretty good bet considering plac's history of sales tax loss. The way it works in CA that's a few thousand dollars less he'll piss away on this deal

PetrolHead

I think leasing is a pretty good bet considering plac's history of sales tax loss. The way it works in CA that's a few thousand dollars less he'll piss away on this deal

Exactly. AND, he won't lose anything on it when trading. It's really ideal for him.