GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Next Car Swap

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Well, I think I am about $1-2k above in private selling as is, more if I de-mod some stuff. I may be about break even or slightly above on trade-in IF I trade within the next 3k miles before they can no longer CPO it, more if I decide to de-mod and part-out.

shit, then its now or never. the Forester XT is the PERFECT car for you. AWD, WRX power, tunable, outdoorsy, awesome. Get $2000 profit on Golf R trade-in for a down payment on a Forester lease, pay $325-$350/month. Bet thats less than you pay now. No money out of pocket, yet your payments get almost cut in half.

The CVT does not suck. It does not sit there and just hover at high rpms straining like Nissan CVT's do. You gotta drive it to see how good it is. It drives like a perfect automatic, only difference is you never feel any shifts. But you CAN feel shifts if you use "S" or "S#" tranny modes.. and it is cadillac-quiet compared to any VW.

Last edited:

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
So now the Forster is the best car period because plac owns it? We had one too and they are definitely not as quiet as a golf. :)

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus using Tapatalk

golftdibrad

Go Kart Champion
next week: #placfamily becomes one of those weird couples that have two of the exact same car.

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
shit, then its now or never. the Forester XT is the PERFECT car for you. AWD, WRX power, tunable, outdoorsy, awesome. Get $2000 profit on Golf R trade-in for a down payment on a Forester lease, pay $325-$350/month. Bet thats less than you pay now. No money out of pocket, yet your payments get almost cut in half.

The CVT does not suck. It does not sit there and just hover at high rpms straining like Nissan CVT's do. You gotta drive it to see how good it is. It drives like a perfect automatic, only difference is you never feel any shifts. But you CAN feel shifts if you use "S" or "S#" tranny modes.. and it is cadillac-quiet compared to any VW.

I can't lease. I drive 30k miles per year.

DaveSTR

Go Kart Champion
Plac nice to hear you like the Subaru so much. Im very surprised. Its amazing what one discovers when you open the scan up a bit. I didnt think last year I would be in a Subaru either much less and STi. A year ago it wasnt in the mix...

Desert MVIGTI

Go Kart Champion
MK7 Turbo issues? hehe... you know that will make every MK6 owner happy deep inside.

It makes me happy period, deep inside and otherwise.

For the record, a white Mk7 parked outside my office maybe 25 yards away.

To distinguish it from the Mk6 I had to look at the wheels first. The bottom line is that only fanbois will be all over the differences in the Mk7 and Mk6 GTI.

If you're Joe Blow and want a used GTI, you don't say "wow, the Mk7 is just such an evolution I have to have it."

The R is a different story.

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
It makes me happy period, deep inside and otherwise.

For the record, a white Mk7 parked outside my office maybe 25 yards away.

To distinguish it from the Mk6 I had to look at the wheels first. The bottom line is that only fanbois will be all over the differences in the Mk7 and Mk6 GTI.

If you're Joe Blow and want a used GTI, you don't say "wow, the Mk7 is just such an evolution I have to have it."

The R is a different story.

Does Joe Blow really want a used GTI?

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
There are buyers for GTI's who are not dubstep flatbrimmed bros like you, Dude.

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion
There are buyers for GTI's who are not dubstep flatbrimmed bros like you, Dude.

The Dude is an .:R elitist. he has matching socks and pocket squares for his custom suit collection

aj_law

Go Kart Champion