GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Next Car Swap

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion
limited loaded manual with harmon kardon/nav. dont need the nav but have to get the harmon which is in the same package. white.

the CVT was just too much slower to consider. (and i think worse gas mileage.) almost a second slower to 60.

he just asked if i wanted the front plate drilled, i told him NO if possible. ill use a tow hook bracket or some crap probably. or i might drill it eventually, but i want to do it myself.

:happyanim:

Look forward to your review. ... Jawn will be jelly

Wykdtron

Ready to race!
limited loaded manual with harmon kardon/nav. dont need the nav but have to get the harmon which is in the same package. white.

Seriously car manufactures need to stop doing this shit. Make the stereo upgrade something that you can put in any model and I feel like they would make enough money off of it to justify having it be on its own.

Also great to hear your switching to a WRX. A coworker has one and the only thing bad he says about it is the navigation is terrible. He also seems to regularly get 32 mpg highway when just commuting. That being said he has also said the mpg go down real quickly when you start hooning it and driving like a rally driver.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
i wonder if the vagcom will work in generic mode on subarus. or if its worth selling and buying something cheaper for the subaru diagnostics.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Seriously car manufactures need to stop doing this shit. Make the stereo upgrade something that you can put in any model and I feel like they would make enough money off of it to justify having it be on its own.

Also great to hear your switching to a WRX. A coworker has one and the only thing bad he says about it is the navigation is terrible. He also seems to regularly get 32 mpg highway when just commuting. That being said he has also said the mpg go down real quickly when you start hooning it and driving like a rally driver.

i could have got the lower trim (premium) with the stereo too, but then i'd be losing out on leather, HIDs, power drivers seat, and keyless start.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
How is the HK system?

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Dang that CVT is not that quick at all... just chilling at 6500 rpm :laugh:

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
How is the HK system?

same as the Forster. so its pretty good. the GTI base one has a little more punch, but that could be because its a lot smaller car. If I like the NK in the Forester, it should be better in the smaller WRX.

HD Radio, "a-ha" whatever that is, prob some radio app or something, XM

and its FAR better than the CX-5 "premium" stereo was.

Jaber

Modero
same as the Forster. so its pretty good. the GTI base one has a little more punch, but that could be because its a lot smaller car. If I like the NK in the Forester, it should be better in the smaller WRX.

HD Radio, "a-ha" whatever that is, prob some radio app or something, XM

and its FAR better than the CX-5 "premium" stereo was.

I had HD Radio for a while, when I installed an aftermarket HU in my old car. Had some pretty good stations and quality was a bit better. Not quite XM, but not quite FM analog.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
I had HD Radio for a while, when I installed an aftermarket HU in my old car. Had some pretty good stations and quality was a bit better. Not quite XM, but not quite FM analog.

dood HD radio is way higher quality than satellite radio. Satellite radio streams at like 64 bit. satellite radio has no lows, even FM standard has huge lows.

Jaber

Modero
dood HD radio is way higher quality than satellite radio. Satellite radio streams at like 64 bit. satellite radio has no lows, even FM standard has huge lows.

Really? Been a long time, guess my memory is iffy. All I do remember is, it was free! :laugh:

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Really? Been a long time, guess my memory is iffy. All I do remember is, it was free! :laugh:

i cant stand listening to music on satellite, i usually just use satellite for howard stern. pandora streaming thru bluetooth hits way harder. or even spotify.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
i'm getting the butterflies now, but that's all part of the process. if nothing else, it will be great to build my channel for a couple years. maybe even double my subscribers.

my wife said she doesnt need the tune anymore, i told her bah, everyone can use a little more power sometimes.. so maybe my access port will come before hers.