GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Next Car Swap

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion

Go to the dealer and talk to the service manager/detail shop guys.

I believe I know what they are using, but the name escapes me since it's been many years. It was a blue oily detailer that came in 5 gallon jugs. It does work as you mention, but the problem is that it ALWAYS flings off as you noted. If you use it you really need to wash your wheels and tires one day and apply the dressing. Then the next day (or day after that) wash the rest of the car. Also, the stuff they use builds up when dry as you can tell on your video about scrubbing it off and needs to be brushed off frequently. If you keep applying more over it it will brown over time.

I prefer to use something more controllable that I just need to apply a bit more frequently and scrub with a tire brush less often.

ETA: This is what I bought to try on my next washes. I like the fact you can dilute it down to get different looks: http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-hyper-dressing.html

Last edited:

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
I gotta check into the hose clamp issues on both my Subarus. Lot of people have boost leaks on the stock clamps. Luckily I already have the Breeze liner clamps they recommend. I was driving the Forster for 15 mins on Saturday and i noticed only like 8-10 psi boost. Then i see a lot of people get 14-16 psi boost stock. It would be sweet if i have a leak and i can gain back like 4 extra psi...

my WRX seems better, i do hit 15-16 peak on it i think, so i will be checking the Forester first.

golftdibrad

Go Kart Champion
I gotta check into the hose clamp issues on both my Subarus. Lot of people have boost leaks on the stock clamps. Luckily I already have the Breeze liner clamps they recommend. I was driving the Forster for 15 mins on Saturday and i noticed only like 8-10 psi boost. Then i see a lot of people get 14-16 psi boost stock. It would be sweet if i have a leak and i can gain back like 4 extra psi...

my WRX seems better, i do hit 15-16 peak on it i think, so i will be checking the Forester first.

you should make a video, get those views. #youtubemoney

McQueen77

Banned
What do you expect? He drives a two suburus now and 90% of OT got all entrepeneurial and are kick starting a new forum that is basically nothing but OT. Then there's you sitting there in your ivory tower peering in just to remind yourself that even though you could be saving even fatter stacks of cash you really aren't in as bad a trap as others. Must be nice.

Yeah, I couldn't do the new forum. I don't have much forum time anymore, new position is keeping me busy. I've got no interest in Sube's but I'm glad placman is happy for the time being.

The manual was a bit of a bold move. I'm approaching 13 years of exclusive manual transmission ownership and I can't wait for it to come to an end.

Any plans for more Forester videos? Looks like the previous ones are racking up views.

That is a bold move for him. I give it 18 months. I can't imagine going back to the man trans. It'd be fun for like 2 months and then I'd be like, over it again. But the WRX kind of HAS to be a manual. Ive considered doing a manual on a 328i for the next car since it'd be a 3 year lease but man, 3 years with the 3rd pedal is like 25 dog years.

OEM windshield plain sucks :(
I opted for the aftermarket for this reason only. I've had rocks hit it countless times without a single chip... If it were the OEM, I'd have a hole in it by now.

Got my first little rock chip the other day. Bummed me out of my mind. It's so small that it's not even worth having Safelite come out. I mean its like the size of a pin. Just in the right place to be in my field of vision. Fuck me. Who makes the OEM glass for VW? BMW uses Pilkington. I remember when I got a new windshield on the GTI it was St. Gobain or something.. All the same shitty glass and rocks/debris flying everywhere. No winning.

everyones gone dude, at least all *most* of the dicks who would constantly bug me. its too tame for you here now, you have no reason to return.

ITs alright, I like this vibe. I don't think I could handle another one of jock medic bro's posts about how he fucks like a champ (his words) and how hard he whacks it to football. Then there was troy, just seething with hatred and anger. This is fine.

In other news I've been thinking I will just buy this shitbox at lease end if they can come down on the residual/buyout and just drive it for like 3 more years. Cheapest option end of the day vs. getting into a new lease. I just care less and less anymore about cars. I also have this wild hair up my ass about Porsche and how I'll never be happy until I can afford a porsche, which could take years and years, so whats the point in getting some other dumb BMW when I could save my money and get a Boxster or Cayman or something?

Last edited:

outshined

Go Kart Champion
In other news I've been thinking I will just buy this shitbox at lease end if they can come down on the residual/buyout and just drive it for like 3 more years. Cheapest option end of the day vs. getting into a new lease. I just care less and less anymore about cars. I also have this wild hair up my ass about Porsche and how I'll never be happy until I can afford a porsche, which could take years and years, so whats the point in getting some other dumb BMW when I could save my money and get a Boxster or Cayman or something?
I think a Boxster or Cayman is a nice future goal. No need to rush it though. You have a nice ride for now. Not like you're stuck rolling in a Camry every day. I may consider a manual again in a weekend car like five years from now, but I'm done doing it on the daily. I also would kind of like to see VW eliminate the shifter on DSGs all together and just go with paddles. That would be sweet. Free up some space. Save some money.

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
Got my first little rock chip the other day. Bummed me out of my mind. It's so small that it's not even worth having Safelite come out. I mean its like the size of a pin. Just in the right place to be in my field of vision. Fuck me. Who makes the OEM glass for VW? BMW uses Pilkington. I remember when I got a new windshield on the GTI it was St. Gobain or something.. All the same shitty glass and rocks/debris flying everywhere. No winning.
I actually can make constellations out of my rock chips :laugh: I don't even care anymore.

ITs alright, I like this vibe. I don't think I could handle another one of jock medic bro's posts about how he fucks like a champ (his words) and how hard he whacks it to football. Then there was troy, just seething with hatred and anger. This is fine.

I'm not far behind you in that regard but more for the S4 or maybe the RS5. I'm even thinking of switching transmissions. That's how I know I'm getting old. For all I know, I probably don't even really like manual all that much and am subconsciously clinging to my youth. That's it, I think I hit the nail on the head there. I'm driving manual out of spite:laugh:

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
really detailed look at tuning a 2015 STI, actual work starts around 10 mins. I'm learning a lot about tuning and logging.

6 hours of custom dyno tuning.

and the video ends at like 25 mins.. then it plays the same thing all over again..

Last edited:

DaveSTR

Go Kart Champion
Subarus are ugly.

Couldnt disagree more. Given the boring wind tunnel sculpted look on most car with overly round features, I find the blend of angles and bulges on new 15 STi to be refreshing along with the driving dynamics.
I loved my GTi but the panel van look was getting old so Im into my 'blistered Corolla' as one mag reviewer puts it lol!! :)

Took these 2 weeks ago on small road trip to the 911 factory in Zuffenhausen.

Attachments

• STi Porsche factory 1.JPG
    STi Porsche factory 1.JPG
    502.5 KB · Views: 200
  • STi Porsche factory 3.JPG
    STi Porsche factory 3.JPG
    515 KB · Views: 213
  • STi Porshe factory gate.JPG
    STi Porshe factory gate.JPG
    564.5 KB · Views: 209

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
Couldnt disagree more. Given the boring wind tunnel sculpted look on most car with overly round features, I find the blend of angles and bulges on new 15 STi to be refreshing along with the driving dynamics.
I loved my GTi but the panel van look was getting old so Im into my 'blistered Corolla' as one mag reviewer puts it lol!! :)

Took these 2 weeks ago on small road trip to the 911 factory in Zuffenhausen.

lol that's true, i kinda felt the same way for my 2 door mk6, i am technically from europe so i know what I'm talking about as I've seen fusion and corsa hatchbacks.