GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Beer Thread

dasauto0108

Go Kart Champion
Visited Spring House Brewing today in Lancaster, PA. They're putting out some awesome stouts. Had the Blood Lust Imperial Stout brewed w/raspberries and habaneros. Very tasty.

Not sure how I'd feel about that, to be honest. How much habanero was there? I love a good stout, though.

Sent from my iHipster

MrMke

Go Kart Champion
Not sure how I'd feel about that, to be honest. How much habanero was there? I love a good stout, though.

Sent from my iHipster

Honestly, it was more raspberry than anything else. The habanero was relatively light and only noticed on the finish. It was really good. Good enough that I took home a growler of it.

dasauto0108

Go Kart Champion
Honestly, it was more raspberry than anything else. The habanero was relatively light and only noticed on the finish. It was really good. Good enough that I took home a growler of it.

Good deal. I will need to try that, if I ever make it out that way.

Sent from my iHipster

c72k

Go Kart Champion
Heading to bevmo to do the make your own six pack, relatively new to the beer scene, any suggestions?

MrMke

Go Kart Champion
Heading to bevmo to do the make your own six pack, relatively new to the beer scene, any suggestions?

It all depends on what you're into. Session ales are a good choice during the summer. I switch between them an IPA's......with an occasional stout mixed in.

dasauto0108

Go Kart Champion
It all depends on what you're into. Session ales are a good choice during the summer. I switch between them an IPA's......with an occasional stout mixed in.

^^ true. Session ales, farmhouse ales, saisons, Hefeweizens, and a good IPA are great for summer. Porters and stouts are good for winter. Of course, you can drink anything at any time of year, but personally I prefer the heavier stuff when it's not so hot out.

Beer Advocate has helped me find my way through more than one craft beer section when I'm having trouble, too.

Sent from my iHipster

innominate

Ready to race!
Haven't posted in awhile. Too lazy to upload pics. But I just got back from my first beer/wine trip to Oregon. Was able to get a couple things into the suitcase.

dasauto0108

Go Kart Champion
Haven't posted in awhile. Too lazy to upload pics. But I just got back from my first beer/wine trip to Oregon. Was able to get a couple things into the suitcase.

Good work, but man, your suitcase must've weighed a ton :laugh: worth it, though

Sent from my iHipster

dasauto0108

Go Kart Champion
Bought a four-pack of Sprecher black Bavarian the other day. Not bad, haven't had it since I tended bar a few years back. I also felt compelled to give it another shot, since I'm a Milwaukian now ;)

Sent from my iHipster

MrMke

Go Kart Champion
Bought a four-pack of Sprecher black Bavarian the other day. Not bad, haven't had it since I tended bar a few years back. I also felt compelled to give it another shot, since I'm a Milwaukian now ;)

Sent from my iHipster

Have you had Not Your Fathers Root Beer yet?

dasauto0108

Go Kart Champion
Have you had Not Your Fathers Root Beer yet?

Negative. Not a huge soda person, but I should probably try it.

Sent from my iHipster

dasauto0108

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, I've gotten two cases of it.....mostly to trade. I can only take so much of it. Although it's pretty good over vanilla ice cream.....lol

Now you're speaking my language ;)

Sent from my iHipster