GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Cool Story Bro Thread

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion
IDK of this qualifies as a CSB but while driving home in my GTI yesterday, I spotted a regular tow truck towing a Lancer EVO, with the rear wheels on the ground.

Isn't that a no-no for those types of cars? I know my 2012 WRX would have been flat bed only, and figured the same for the EVO or any other haldex style AWD setup.

WeekendWarriorz

Ready to race!
IDK of this qualifies as a CSB but while driving home in my GTI yesterday, I spotted a regular tow truck towing a Lancer EVO, with the rear wheels on the ground.

Isn't that a no-no for those types of cars? I know my 2012 WRX would have been flat bed only, and figured the same for the EVO or any other haldex style AWD setup.

I go to the auction lot with my dad sometimes and I see STI's, evo's, and AWD suv's getting towed like that daily... they don't give a shit it's not their car

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
Had a guy in an Allied Burton Security car "race" me today. It is one of those newer Ford Escapes...it's wet and rainy as fuck so I just drove like normal, he thought we raced though :lol:

We got stopped at the next light, and he put his window down, music was at full fucking tilt and he gave me a thumbs up, I gave him a confused look and rolled my window down; I smiled (trying to be pleasant) and said "hard to hook it when I've got no traction through 4th", his smile quickly faded and he just said (in a rough tone) "Have a good day..." and rolled his window up. Lol? He acted like I was making excuses...who can seriously be that dense to think that "their" car, that has twice the weight per horsepower of my car just in stock form, would actually stand any chance? Some people crack me up.

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
Truck after truck today...I have no idea wth, they all just keep coming for me, I'm not provoking this shit, I don't understand why they think I'm an easy target.

Had a GMC Sierra z71 on the freeway, and had an older lifted silverado and f150 at a light, each one of them kept egging me on. The only one that gave me "fits" if you can even call it that, was the older lifted silverado. We started driving and I grabbed 3rd at about 35 and he punched it. I put a bus and a half on him (probably would have been more if my car didn't decide to lose it's shit between shifts still) but I honestly expected more than that on a 35-100 pull. Dude was definitely quick for a big truck - had a diesel in it, heard the turbo spooling, I'm sure he was probably not expecting that given how quick it was. :D

Editing to add another, rather than adding another post.

Driving my road back to work (long straight stretch) after getting gas, I come up behind a log jam, flat bed is driving the left lane doing the speed limit, 45mph, with no one in front of him, and everyone behind him. Behind him is a Porsche Cayenne S (SUV, non turbo, dealer plates still), behind him a RAV4, and then me. I'm just getting past the single guy in the right lane, and go to switch over, and the two other guys in front of me decide they want to do the same thing and cut me off (not "literally", just cut off my path to freedom). Cayenne decides to stay in the right lane, Rav 4 decides he's going to cut back over to the left in front of the truck, looks like he's booking so I figure I'll be able to make my way through momentarily...that is, until the Cayenne starts to fuck with the Rav 4, slowly increasing his speed, Rav 4 eventually guns it, I know what's coming next and immediately switch behind the Cayenne; he looks in his side mirror, smiles, and then here comes the puff and away he starts.
Poor guy thinks he's going to show off in front of the Rav 4 and a little V-dub, little does he know how this is actually going to play out :fighting0030:
As soon as I have a clear space past the Rav, I jump over and I'm gone :burnrubber:

I slowed it back down and waited for him to catch up to give him a thumbs up, but he wouldn't try to pass me, just got right up on me. I gave it a little gas again and he followed suite, which means I then went WOT and left him for dead again. I get stopped at a light at the end of the road, and just as it's turned green again he does a good ole ricer flyby at WOT, followed by having to get on his brakes overly hard to make his turn...:lol:

So much for finally getting to use my quote..."Nice car, what's the retail on one of those..." :(
CSB

Last edited:

Chris659

Ready to race!
On my way home from getting a hair cut this evening and there was a new A6 3.0t Quattro gassing it at every light and around everyone he could. Well luck be have it a few lights down the road, we end up st a light next to each other. So before I get flamed by some here, this was a 4 Lane hwy with concrete median and side curbing. No residential and there was no traffic ahead for as far as we could see. All businesses were closed so no one pulling out in front of us. Not that condones anything but at least makes me feel a lil better out my stupidity :p
Anyways, we pull off and I honestly expected to be left behind (bc Quattro and bigger motor and turbo) at least initially but I got out in front of him by a fender (this was from idle, no tires spinning or anything dramatic) and pulled him where his front end was equal with my bck bumper. I short shifted 2/3 around 5k but really pushed it in fourth and really started to leave him. Called it off at 70 as it was a 45 mph and he was not able to do anything else.

He quickly slowed down as well and wouldn't pass my mirror. At the next light we got split up and then there was traffic so I laid back but he kept swerving brought traffic every chance he had.

It was fun to embarrass him and I wasn't trying really hard and am still on low boost file. And as always, the real icing on the cake is im in a Beetle Turbo :happyanim:

Current mods:
K04 (p&p, both sides ceramic coated, blanket)
Hpa v2 intake manifold (same treatment as above)
Red top coils
Carbonio full intake
Fluidyne pulley
Charge pipes
SPM street tbe (dp ceramic coated)
Low boost file by HPA
Stage 3 DSG file by HPA
HPA subframe puck

Parts waiting to be go on:
High boost file
Do88 ic
034 street motor/trans mounts
LSD
Bunch of suspension stuff

Once I get the high boost file I'm going to try some 100 and 104 and maybe higher to see what kind of difference it'll make. Luckily I have a professional kart track about 4 miles from the house and they sell all types of vp fuel there and have another place that sells ethanol free 100 oct.
I know...csb

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
Ran across a newer X5 on Saturday. We got stopped at the light together, I figured he wasn't going to go, I just took off normal, as did he, but he heard my exhaust as I kept going and decided it was on. Took off around 15ish mph, I spun until I hit 3rd (trying to modulate the best I could), he had pulled around 1/2 a car on me, but as soon as I hooked at 3rd, I started pulling on him, and by 80 (top of 3rd) I had about 1/2 a car on him. The passenger had a huge grin and gave me two thumbs up when I hooked and passed them; driver tried to get me to launch it from a complete dig at the next light but my wife wasn't having it any more so I just let him go for it and stayed back.

This morning I had another pedestrian encounter, this time a Camry. I raced one back when I was stage 2, I pulled, but only a couple car lengths before I shut it down. This time I saw him about 1 car length behind me in the next lane, I gave it just a little juice to bait him in, and once he hit it, I went ahead and put him to bed.
He rolled his window down and commented (nicely) about how there was no way he was going to keep up with my little rocket and gave me a thumbs up. :thumbsup:

FF_animal

Ready to race!
Driving back from San fransico to San Jose on the 101 at 3 am on the weekend I was cruising minding my own business when I spot a 350z weaving thru what little traffic there was at that time of night. I watched him creep up while I slapped it into manual mode #becauseracecar and and just as he slowed down and crept up on me he hit it and went wot. I mashed the pedal and left him behind me and as I reached about 90 I could tell he stopped but I kept pulling to 120 for the hell of it lol once I slowed down and waited for him to come back for more he just patiently sat behind me till he took his exit and I cruised home and banged my gf lol

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
Had a brand new Impala LTZ try me today. Of course it's wet and nasty...he held next to me while I had no traction, but as soon as I grabbed in 3rd (new tires fucking rock lol) I was gone. My wife looked at me and goes, "Pretty quick for an Impala"...:confused:uh...or ya know, I've got about a billion more torques than he does and had no traction for the first 200 feet? Did you look to see where he ended up when we both let off? Come on now, my car's faster than that, give me a little credit :cool:

Chris659

Ready to race!
Had a brand new Impala LTZ try me today. Of course it's wet and nasty...he held next to me while I had no traction, but as soon as I grabbed in 3rd (new tires fucking rock lol) I was gone. My wife looked at me and goes, "Pretty quick for an Impala"...:confused:uh...or ya know, I've got about a billion more torques than he does and had no traction for the first 200 feet? Did you look to see where he ended up when we both let off? Come on now, my car's faster than that, give me a little credit :cool:

Haha even one stock GTI I don't think it would've been a race... MotorTrend shows 0-60 in 6.3 and a 14.9 1/4 for the new 300hp 6cyl

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
Haha even one stock GTI I don't think it would've been a race... MotorTrend shows 0-60 in 6.3 and a 14.9 1/4 for the new 300hp 6cyl

Yeah they're a dog, they weigh quite a bit at 3800lbs, but those hp to weight ratios should make it faster than a stock GTI...numbers however suggest differently. I probably should have mentioned that I knew what the outcome was going to be, but he decided to hit it, I just want to make sure he knows how slow his sled is :p

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
Had multiple experiences lately, they usually come in batches which is weird.

Had a brand new STI sedan that tried me twice (never side by side unfortunately). I was behind him the first time when he took off and I didn't have room to pass him, but I was on track to pass him at a decent clip when road ran out. Second time he was behind me, took it to about 90 from 30, and by the time I let off he had gone from being 1 car behind, to around 8 cars behind (it was dark and hard to tell, but it was a pretty good distance). He was cool and waved back after.

Had a new Optima try me going up a hill, he was behind me, once we passed the other car on the road I gunned it and left him pretty hard. I didn't take it too far because it wasn't close at all, but I got a ricer flyby out of him.

Slowly passed a 550i yesterday, when he got to my rear fender he gunned it. I had to downshift, which I did as soon as I heard his exhaust kick up, so as soon as I was getting on it we were dead even - that didn't last long, I started pulling hard once vtec kicked in yo and put around 4-5 cars on him by the time I let off.

CSB

MK6NGT

Ready to race!
I roasted a late 90's mustang GT really badly. My girl was in the car and the guy driving the mustang revved on me at a red light, she told me to embarrass him so I did. By the end of 2nd gear I had at least 6-7 car lengths on him. He had large rear tires and a loud exhaust, other than that I have no idea what he had done, doesn't seem like much.

FF_animal

Ready to race!
I roasted a late 90's mustang GT really badly. My girl was in the car and the guy driving the mustang revved on me at a red light, she told me to embarrass him so I did. By the end of 2nd gear I had at least 6-7 car lengths on him. He had large rear tires and a loud exhaust, other than that I have no idea what he had done, doesn't seem like much.

lol late 90s mustangs are slow as hell stock. They were rated around 260 crank which is pathetic for a v8 imo. My cousin had one a while back that he let me drive a couple times. The clutch was heavy as hell and I felt like I was dragging a boat anchor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BjxGTI

Ready to race!
A celica tried to race me the other day, what the hell are they thinking? [emoji23]