GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Cool Story Bro Thread

twodotfive

Ready to race!
The new 335's are low 13's and a high 4 second 0-60, so even a stage 2 GTI should have trouble keeping up IMO (equal drivers). Some of the mid 2000 models we could keep up with, even beat, but newer I think is out of the question, unless terrible driver of course ;).
If you do test drive one, I'd like to hear what it's like. I'm sure they're fast though :D

This. Stage 2 might keep up with it for a few seconds but then the 335 will definitely pull on it. Two of my buddys did a friendly pull one time and iirc it was pretty even in 3rd but the 335 was starting to pull away as they ran out of room.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Took the long way home today and ran into two camero v6's. One the older body style and auto and the next was a newer body style and manual. I'm stage 1 + intake at the time of writing.

The first turned right into the lane next to me as I was starting from a light that just turned green. As I began to pass him he nails the throttle. I'm in 2nd and go wot just after. I'm at least a car ahead when I hear his shift into 2nd and we're at 60. This was satisfying because 1) I rented a v6 auto and know it's slow as balls so it was nice to see how slow and 2) this was decked out in RS trim goodies. Mean looking headlights, racing stripes and badges galore.

The second I never really got a chance to race. He was in front of me and when the speed limit changed to 60 he got on the gas. Following him, I had to let off early to keep from riding his ass like a jerk. I was in 2nd, kinda pumped up from the last race a few minutes earlier.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk

Eroc93

Ready to race!
Raced a 2012 gli 6 speed he was running a intake.
I'm stock besides lighter wheels and a downpipe we ran from a 20roll i put 2 car lengths he didn't miss any shifts or anything up to 120?
And we did a run from the dig where I put lengths on him and cracked his windshield from picking up rocks lol sucks for him. Cool guy he was saying he ran a 6 speed gti and kept up with him but the dsg transmission really put a hurting on him. I've raced a dsg mk6 before we were both stock besides me having the downpipe and I pulled on him he was a by passenger door.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Dsg > 6mt, dowpipe > intake and GTI gearing > GLI gearing. Results make sense to me.

butchered by autocorrecr

jkilla1

Ready to race!
*Cool Starry Bra*

350 was following me the free way we line up at 50mph we both go for it I start pulling hard with a car and a half in front slow down do it again same outcome. I let off due to traffic and he does a ricer flyby =) stage 2 makes a difference at top end. 350 always would take off on me at higher speeds. Felt pretty nice

Last edited:

gti_kev

Go Kart Champion
jkilla, you sucha killa!

dallen13

Ready to race!
Yay my first CSB beating a car I shouldn't. Stock looking c6 ls2 targa. From a stop light it took me off the line but I reeled it in and was passing it by 70mph then it shut it down. Stock magazines test c6 vette 12.4 @114mph so it should have beat me. At next light I got a thumbs up from driver and passenger.

eddieflyinv

Ready to race!
dropped my brother off to pick up his new 2014 Ford Focus a few days ago,
he tried to race me on the way home,
he lost repeatedly,
CSB

eddieflyinv

Ready to race!
annnnd yesterday jumped off the qew to avoid traffic, got really lost outside vineland, and followed a new camaro through some insanely nice tight winding backroads, unreal good drive,
plan to revisit that area more often

so CSB again i guess ?

csperry

Passed Driver's Ed
Ended up next to what I believe was a 328i on the highway. I tried to be good but that lasted for approximately 1 nanosecond. We made a couple of runs and it was always a steady pull on my end. A guilty conscience regarding a slightly overdue oil-change may have led to early shifts but lets not get too specific. An easy win. End of "cool story"...bro.

iwannagofast

Not a Newbie
Was weaving through traffic behind a Mercedes ML550. When we hit a break in the traffic the guy gets in the right lane and slows down to about 60. I pull up beside to see a guy in his 40s driving. He pointed forwards down the road and I gave him the thumbs up, so he hits it and I follow suit. I put about 2 or 3 busses on him before I hit 120. I gave him the peace sign when I got off my exit and he flashed me a couple times...pretty cool guy.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Was weaving through traffic behind a Mercedes ML550. When we hit a break in the traffic the guy gets in the right lane and slows down to about 60. I pull up beside to see a guy in his 40s driving. He pointed forwards down the road and I gave him the thumbs up, so he hits it and I follow suit. I put about 2 or 3 busses on him before I hit 120. I gave him the peace sign when I got off my exit and he flashed me a couple times...pretty cool guy.

to help visualize the story^

MichaelGTi

Ready to race!
Some guy in an old bright orange Lexus SC400 all slammed and stanced, driving like an idiot cutting in and out of traffic. Decides to cut in front of me at the red light turning left and stare at me in the side view mirror and rev at me.:lol:
Didn't end well for him. We made the left, he moves over to the right and waits for me to line up, the road is wide open. Of course he punched it as soon as I pulled up beside him, pulling a car on me right away. I floor it in second and axle hop, shift quick to 3rd and blew past him like he wasnt even moving. I waited for him to catch up and did it to him again just to put that prick in his place.

I slow down again but he keeps back a bit, get to the red light and he floored it right through just so he wouldnt have to look at me. The guy behind me pulled up beside me, big smile on his face and says "Nice! that guy was getting on my nerves. Isn't that a Golf? WTF is the under the hood??" Obviously not a car guy so I say "turbo diesel", he says "right those have lots of torque right? Nice car!"

CSB indeed...

edgarnator

Ready to race!
Some guy in an old bright orange Lexus SC400 all slammed and stanced, driving like an idiot cutting in and out of traffic. Decides to cut in front of me at the red light turning left and stare at me in the side view mirror and rev at me.:lol:
Didn't end well for him. We made the left, he moves over to the right and waits for me to line up, the road is wide open. Of course he punched it as soon as I pulled up beside him, pulling a car on me right away. I floor it in second and axle hop, shift quick to 3rd and blew past him like he wasnt even moving. I waited for him to catch up and did it to him again just to put that prick in his place.

I slow down again but he keeps back a bit, get to the red light and he floored it right through just so he wouldnt have to look at me. The guy behind me pulled up beside me, big smile on his face and says "Nice! that guy was getting on my nerves. Isn't that a Golf? WTF is the under the hood??" Obviously not a car guy so I say "turbo diesel", he says "right those have lots of torque right? Nice car!"

CSB indeed...

You were a good Samaritan :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk