GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Thinking about replacing the dogbone and hockey puck mount

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion

This is Ryans face

Not sure if...
i'm STAGE 2+ ko4, is it ok to run stock parts?
I don't see why it wouldn't be. I suppose it would be better to try and go with something rated for extra power but the k04 isn't dropping that much more. I've heard of stock dogbones snapping at the track though on stage 1 cars, so it's a YMMV kinda thing. I would think you'd be ok though.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
I would upgrade the pendulum mount and the insert. K04 is an extra what 150 ft/lb. If it breaks it can be expensive.

I had so much wheel hop and stiff shifts at stage 1 with OEM mounts. Upgrading them was one of the best upgrades.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
i'm STAGE 2+ ko4, is it ok to run stock parts?

No.

;)

Seriously though, just going to break OEM stuff eventually and makes everything sloppy.

This is Ryans face

Not sure if...
FWIW, i ran a k04 on my MKV GTI with stock mounts. Everything was fine until part out around 46k miles. K04 was on since 16k~.

It's a circumstance of your driving habits and throttle management. Even on a stage 1 or 2 tune, you can break certain components if you're doing launches at every red light. If your typical driving habits have the car at the track often, or doing some extreme spirited driving. Get the bolstered mounts, but you're definitely going to notice a the vibrations on stop/start and idle.

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
I know the OP was looking at OEM but I saw some mention of aftermarket... if anyone is looking for a decent aftermarket subframe puck I have a Vibra-Technics and it's pretty great. Not cheap, but a very high quality piece that's only noticeable when the AC is on, and if you're using the stock dog-bone it's very tolerable. With an aftermarket dog-bone I personally found it to be intolerable, however.