GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

This fly had some serious determination..

JonRoth

Ready to race!
Was cleaning my car today and noticed a fly that has made its way into the inside of my R-tails. Its sitting inside the white strip at the bottom of the tails. Right where the turn signal flashes. Any ideas on how to get this determined explorer out?! Are these taillights easy to disassemble? :mad0259:

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Was cleaning my car today and noticed a fly that has made its way into the inside of my R-tails. Its sitting inside the white strip at the bottom of the tails. Right where the turn signal flashes. Any ideas on how to get this determined explorer out?! Are these taillights easy to disassemble? :mad0259:

No they are not.

I'd remove the light assembly, remove the bulb and place the end of a shop vac at the opening to try and suck it out.

cmb5286

Ready to race!
I have a rather large mosquito in mine. No idea how it got in there. Don't really care enough to flush him out.

Suburban_Chi_GTi

Passed Driver's Ed
yeah i had a beetle in my reverse light and it was baked in there, so the vacuum wouldnt work. i took the light bulb out and used a small zip tie to get him unstuck from the side of the reflector. then i just shook it a few times and he fell out.

Spyder368

Ready to race!
Reminds me of the Breaking Bad episode with the fly in the lab.

Renner

Go Kart Champion
yeah i had a beetle in my reverse light and it was baked in there, so the vacuum wouldnt work. i took the light bulb out and used a small zip tie to get him unstuck from the side of the reflector. then i just shook it a few times and he fell out.

I wish I had this kind of time in my day...you are 20 miles from me...I will hit you up if i get a beetle in my taillight :) six pack coming your way after

JhnR

Banned
lol one time i had a spider dead in my headlights...i left it there to rot lol

spiker369

on air, don't care
^ :lol:
I had a fly make its way into my dome light. But if I were you I'd take the light off the car, take out the turn signal bulb and then use a vacuum or air compressor.

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
In the past I have fished out a few bugs in other headlights with a wetvac and ductaped straw attachment. Gives you ultimately maneuverability. Bugs in lights drive me INSANE. Does make you wonder how it ever got in there...

Suburban_Chi_GTi

Passed Driver's Ed
I wish I had this kind of time in my day...you are 20 miles from me...I will hit you up if i get a beetle in my taillight :) six pack coming your way after

hahaha for sure

mattdibart

Go Kart Champion
Maybe as a last resort you can pour a bit of water in there to flush it out and then dry it with a blow dryer.

Had a bad seal and had tons of water in my light and used a hair dryer to get the condensation and remaining water out.