GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

timing chain settlement for Canada

animatrix

Ready to race!
Did anyone receive a letter for this? Fortunately I had no failures, but I just changed mine since I was pushing over 90K and I did not want to run into further risks.
I'm wondering if we can still get reimbursement for people who paid out of our own pocket to replace theirs.

SJC

Ready to race!
Who has a copy of this letter?
I’m very interested in this.
My 2011 has 75,000 km on its original parts.

animatrix

Ready to race!
I have a copy - they just sent it to me yesterday to my surprise. You can already visit the cdn website - timingchainsettlement.ca
It sounds like there's a court date set for Feb 10 to see if this gets approved for ontario. Until then we just have to wait and see....

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
We have a 2009 Tiguan but have not received a letter. I contacted the timingchainsettlement.ca website and they responded by phone, they couldn't find my VIN number but was instructed to signup on the website after the approval in February.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Expired for our '09 Tiguan with 123k km,....so I'm fixing it my self, will be done by the end of the month. Once you're in there it isn't too hard, all the info is on Youtube.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Settlement didn't work for me, fixed it myself; it took a bit longer but wasn't that hard considering my challenges. You can see my Journey HERE.