GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Top Speed after APR reflash?

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
I've been up to 140 with stage 2 and let off. Car was very stable. Haven't done it since. Don't want car impounded...

SmokeyGTI

Ready to race!
havent come close to topping out the R. so far Ive been to 110... BUT I have done 165 on my '09 CBR 600

Fastest I've ever gone (in a road going vehicle anyway) is 152 on my '03 gsxr 600, for like 3 seconds then I backed off. I cannot imagine doing that in my Gti. Yikes!

EDIT: The fastest "vehicle" I've ever been in command of was a turboprop Cessna Conquest. 290 knots at 25K feet :)

Sent from my Sprint iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
~150MPH on the front straight of WSIR, followed by threshold braking to keep her out of the kitty litter at turn one.

Zonaglxy

Ready to race!
90 is my top speed on the street. On the track I've gotten it to about 135 in a straight before having to break for a turn. Where the hell did a stage 2 gti get to 170+? My K04 pulls pretty hard past 100 but would probably need at least 5 miles of downhill straight road with wind at my back to even have a chance at getting to 170.

DaveSTR

Go Kart Champion
:thumbdown:
100mph is the new 60

I agree with your intent but that only applies to Germany or on the track. Unfortunately in the US the system doesnt allow such speeds legally. I understand GTITX's point. The cost of a small incursion into triple digits can be so costly in the US.
I know Im lucky to be in Germany to enjoy the car and what it can do legally, given the right conditions here with the Autobahn or at the Ring etc.

The US simply doesnt offer that in public, only at the track.

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
I agree with your intent but that only applies to Germany or on the track. Unfortunately in the US the system doesnt allow such speeds legally. I understand GTITX's point. The cost of a small incursion into triple digits can be so costly in the US.
I know Im lucky to be in Germany to enjoy the car and what it can do legally, given the right conditions here with the Autobahn or at the Ring etc.

The US simply doesnt offer that in public, only at the track.

i know. thats one reason why i dont want to go back to the us. im so use to going over 100 mph everyday. its not as dangerous as some people might say. it sucks that the us will probably never change the speed limit.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
i know. thats one reason why i dont want to go back to the us. im so use to going over 100 mph everyday. its not as dangerous as some people might say. it sucks that the us will probably never change the speed limit.

120 feels perfectly fine. until you hit a pothole. around here they only race on 1 or 2 straights because of the condition of most roads.

DaveSTR

Go Kart Champion

I feel the same as well. Germany rules if you are a car guy/person.