GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

torga's Daily Build - black, 6mt, two-door shenanigans

torga

Autocross Champion
What's the score from Flavor Town? I tried out a different hole in the wall burger spot today... Probably about a 6.
Ah right, it was a Nashville Hot place. Still haven't actually been to Nashville so I can't compare the real deal, but the chicken was fried well and spice was good. Thick pickles. Easy 8/10. Fries were ok.

torga

Autocross Champion
Got a bit busy for the last few days at the new home, but the rest of the road trip went very very well! No issues whatsoever with the car and some beautiful views to boot. I regret not having my camera ready to take some photos in Utah, but I started to take photos in Idaho and all through Oregon and Washington. I still have yet to go through them.

After all those miles of highway-only throttle actuation, I felt it was pretty out of whack when I got back to city driving. Performed the voodoo throttle rest and it's back to normal again. Amazing how that just works.

Here's one photo until I go through the rest. The last photo of the car in NM (stopped at a ditch on the side of the highway for a quick wee).

Attachments

• 20200522090334__MG_1554-01.jpg
    7.6 MB · Views: 104

torga

Autocross Champion
Classic modern VW wheels. ;)
I do like them... but I'm hoping to replace them by the end of the summer primarily because they're staggered. But secondly, because they are such a gigantic pain in the ass to clean!!

torga

Autocross Champion
Whatcha thinking about switching to?
Pretty committed to RAYS Gram Lights 57DR in 18x8.5 +37. I'm a huge JDM fan and sorta fell into a GTI, so I'd like to blend the two looks.
1885.jpg

Last edited:

torga

Autocross Champion
I want something like that on the R ironically hahaha, solid wheel choice.
I'm also desperate to get a slight bit of concave to the wheel, but our hub/fender offset doesn't really give us too many chances for that. I'm not trying to get ridiculous, 10" wide, +10 concave. Just a little is all I want -- I don't wanna have to run lots of camber, like I already have to with these damn staggered rears (9.5" +35).

torga

Autocross Champion
Finally managed to set my computer up and go through my quick road trip shots. Surprise, surprise, most of them are absolute ass. And unfortunately, I didn't have my camera ready for southern Utah, which was absolutely gorgeous. Didn't bother with my time in NM (boring highways there), and between SLC/Ogden and Twin Falls, I got caught in a real shitty rain storm. No time to take photos there.
Here are the good ones.
I wrote little blurbs for each photo.

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Finally managed to set my computer up and go through my quick road trip shots. Surprise, surprise, most of them are absolute ass. And unfortunately, I didn't have my camera ready for southern Utah, which was absolutely gorgeous. Didn't bother with my time in NM (boring highways there), and between SLC/Ogden and Twin Falls, I got caught in a real shitty rain storm. No time to take photos there.
Here are the good ones.
I wrote little blurbs for each photo.

Wow, those came out awesome! Makes me wanna see all of the glory out west one day. I'm a big sucker for mountains haha

torga

Autocross Champion
Wow, those came out awesome! Makes me wanna see all of the glory out west one day. I'm a big sucker for mountains haha
Thanks! I wish I was able to take more/better photos through Snoqualmie Pass. I'll be back up soon to actually find nice photo spots.

wmssbr10

Passed Driver's Ed
Getting ready for a 1,500 mi drive from Albuquerque to Seattle. I'll be driving through northern NM, cutting across the SW corner of CO, driving up the center of UT and stopping in Salt Lake City for a bit, going through southern ID and cutting through NE OR before finally entering WA.

I finally installed my Rennline phone mount and paired it with a 6" right-angled cable. Really happy with the clean look of this setup.

View attachment 174128
Where did you find the 6" right angle cable? I've been searching and nothing is coming up for me.

torga

Autocross Champion