trev1342

Go Kart Champion

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

trev1342

Go Kart Champion

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
he meant 100 kmh, he's canadian and their speed is rated under km's

100 mph someday... Needs to be a dragstrip or something if that's the case.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion

i bet its tough doing that in NYC area, unless you live in manhattan/brooklyn and work in long island early in the morning.

i remember we had a guy here that bought a gti, he lives in brooklyn, he works for subway rail, something that needs 50 ibs of his suit for his work. They all work in different hours vs majority people in traffic, that he raced one of his co-workers modified volvo while they head to work

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
i bet its tough doing that in NYC area, unless you live in manhattan/brooklyn and work in long island early in the morning.

i remember we had a guy here that bought a gti, he lives in brooklyn, he works for subway rail, something that needs 50 ibs of his suit for his work. They all work in different hours vs majority people in traffic, that he raced one of his co-workers modified volvo while they head to work

Yeah, it's almost impossible in any of the 5 Boroughs, and even most of Long Island is packed. Where I live, it's mostly really quiet. I'm on the North Shore, at the tip top of it. There are only homes around there; as you go lower, it's all built up.

mustache rash

Go Kart Champion

Really man? I have a spot I run logs all the time. I've come close to redlining 6th gear..... On Long Island

If you live where I think you do, hit up Nichols rd late at night heading south.

trev1342

Go Kart Champion

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Really man? I have a spot I run logs all the time. I've come close to redlining 6th gear..... On Long Island

If you live where I think you do, hit up Nichols rd late at night heading south.

Yeah, you know where. For Nichols, I just realized that this would be an incredible place to do this. :D

Hint: You take River Rd. to get there.

Last edited:

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
In 12 days, I will have my GTI for exactly 9 months now. I picked it up on February 24th, 2014. So, I'm going to list what I have done to the car, in chronological order, and I'm also listing what I have planned for the next 6 months or so. I listed the future mods in priority order.

This Color Indicates an OEM+ Mod.

Every Single Thing Done So Far:
1.) GTI Seat Wrench Inserts - Amazon
2.) Full LED Interior Set with Red Footwell LEDs - DeAutoKey
3.) GolfMk6 Forum Sticker - Underwraps Automotive
4.) Aluminium Glovebox Handle - BoldSport
5.) Euro Light Switch With Auto Headlight Setting, Front and Rear Fogs, and Independent DRL On/Off
6.) UltraGauge "Installation" (Tucked Wires in & Clipped on to Kenu Airframe)
7.) VAG-COM Mods:
Windows up/down with key fob
Seat heater memory
DRL off/on through MFI
-Lock horn off, light flash confirmation only
-Fogs as cornering lights
-Emergency brake flashing
-Service interval changed to every 4,000 miles

What I Plan On Doing Within the Next Six Months:
1.) APR Carbonio Intake
2.) Light Window Tints
3.) LED Depo Tails (I Already Have a Deal on a Used Set)
4.) Neuspeed Exhaust
5.) ECU Tune (APR, maybe. REVO?)
6.) Set of Rims along With Summer Tires

Last edited: