GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

trev1342's GTI Thread

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, it's almost impossible in any of the 5 Boroughs, and even most of Long Island is packed. Where I live, it's mostly really quiet. I'm on the North Shore, at the tip top of it. There are only homes around there; as you go lower, it's all built up.

So in dc suburbs only when you head to work and back, the only way to have fun in the gti is driving like an idiot, but i occasionally take mine on some windy roads where practically no one is there, only a few slow cars. One of the local guys kept driving on those roads since the 90's and its still the same, he also run the local meet, cool guy.

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
So in dc suburbs only when you head to work and back, the only way to have fun in the gti is driving like an idiot, but i occasionally take mine on some windy roads where practically no one is there, only a few slow cars. One of the local guys kept driving on those roads since the 90's and its still the same, he also run the local meet, cool guy.

I usually take my car on the quieter, scenic roads. To get to my house, it's only accessible by 2 main roads, and there's no population there. To get an idea, there aren't even streetlights. It's isolated, but village police are everywhere, and they're brutal with the ticket stuff. They will ticket if you're doing 37 in a 30 zone. Worst part is, it's so tempting because the roads are empty and windy.

Here's what it's like at night, just to get an idea.
IMG_9395.JPG

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
I usually take my car on the quieter, scenic roads. To get to my house, it's only accessible by 2 main roads, and there's no population there. To get an idea, there aren't even streetlights. It's isolated, but village police are everywhere, and they're brutal with the ticket stuff. They will ticket if you're doing 37 in a 30 zone. Worst part is, it's so tempting because the roads are empty and windy.

Here's what it's like at night, just to get an idea.

View attachment 44481

I can see that. This place during my commute which passes the old town part, that little section is 25 mph but it should be 35, some do 40 there and plenty of people were ticketed, then it gets up to 35.

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
I can see that. This place during my commute which passes the old town part, that little section is 25 mph but it should be 35, some do 40 there and plenty of people were ticketed, then it gets up to 35.

Yeah, that almost sounds like a speed trap to me.

phant0m

Ready to race!
Yeah, you know where. For Nichols, I just realized that this would be an incredible place to do this. :D

Hint: You take River Rd. to get there.
First time I ever got pulled over was doing 70+ in my Mazda on Nicolls road. Got nailed going South just past middle country road, cop was tucked away on the side on an entrance ramp to Nicolls and didn't notice her till I saw the lights pop on. Thank God she was a sweetheart and let me go with a warning!!!

Be careful on Nicolls though. I take it every single day to school and North of 347 you better be damn sure to go the speed limit. Our University Police have the authority to pull you over near the University. Plus they lowered the speed limit to 45mph near campus.

Oh and there are dead deer all over the road at night, so that's another danger :|

Sent from my Samsung GALAXY S5 with Tapatalk

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
First time I ever got pulled over was doing 70+ in my Mazda on Nicolls road. Got nailed going South just past middle country road, cop was tucked away on the side on an entrance ramp to Nicolls and didn't notice her till I saw the lights pop on. Thank God she was a sweetheart and let me go with a warning!!!

Be careful on Nicolls though. I take it every single day to school and North of 347 you better be damn sure to go the speed limit. Our University Police have the authority to pull you over near the University. Plus they lowered the speed limit to 45mph near campus.

Oh and there are dead deer all over the road at night, so that's another danger :|

Sent from my Samsung GALAXY S5 with Tapatalk

It's tempting, but those are risks. If I'm going to do this, I'm going to need a radar detector... Hmm..

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, that almost sounds like a speed trap to me.

I usually never exceed 30 and yet theres still people tailgate u or others that try to not get caught, theyre sneaky as fuck, i literally saw a cop hidin behind the bushes and cant see em until you pass them.

Also theres an intersection of 2 interstates (66 & 495) coming from south then heading to dc once you get on the hwy, theres this wall that sound proof the houses and once that wall ends, theres a cop sitting right behind the wall, so i naturally slow it down to 60 (55 is the limit) everytime i pass there

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
I got VAG-COM work done at last night's weekly parking lot meet.

1.) Windows up/down with key fob
2.) Seat heater memory
3.) DRL off/on through MFI
4.) Lock horn off, light flash confirmation only
5.) Fogs as cornering lights
6.) Emergency brake flashing
7.) Service interval changed to every 4,000 miles

phant0m

Ready to race!
I got VAG-COM work done at last night's weekly parking lot meet.

1.) Windows up/down with key fob
2.) Seat heater memory
3.) DRL off/on through MFI
4.) Lock horn off, light flash confirmation only
5.) Fogs as cornering lights
6.) Emergency brake flashing
7.) Service interval changed to every 4,000 miles

8.) Gauge sweep

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
8.) Gauge sweep

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Your face when you found out you could get gauge sweep and my cluster can't. :laugh:

I love how he plugged it into your GTI, all the red code!

sniper27

Go Kart Champion
Your face when you found out you could get gauge sweep and my cluster can't. :laugh:

I love how he plugged it into your GTI, all the red code!

I thought I couldn't get my gauge sweep also when "staging" didn't work on my driver's edition. But I found out that some cars, the gauge sweep is called "instrument celebration". I selected that and it worked.

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
lmfao. Yea that red was from my Stage 1 tune, which you should be getting!!!

That's coming in time.. That drive to Captree last night though! :happyanim: