GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Turbo to max out stock engine capabilities (K04, F23T, GT Series, others...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
technically but you know most of the people say e85 and they are running e30-e40 lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh I hear you loud and clear. HAHA. It annoys me so much too.

"Running E85" - Dude you put 2 gallons in your tank........

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
Oh yea....I'm itching to go larger than the f23 already. No new car for me while we save for a larger house so...........

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
USP Motorsports GT28 kit worth the extra $1k? or would you be better off with a k04 kit? Do people actually see 380whp with GT28?

Is the ATP GT28 kit any good?

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
USP Motorsports GT28 kit worth the extra $1k? or would you be better off with a k04 kit? Do people actually see 380whp with GT28?

Is the ATP GT28 kit any good?

ATP manifold is pretty crappy. I know two people who ran the ATP GTX28 kit. Manifold really restrictive plus the APR and CTS come with a larger MAF housing.

I believe JDL makes a nice manifold that can be purchased separately.

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
ATP manifold is pretty crappy. I know two people who ran the ATP GTX28 kit. Manifold really restrictive plus the APR and CTS come with a larger MAF housing.

I believe JDL makes a nice manifold that can be purchased separately.

Well damn. The APR and the CTS are around $4k compared to ATP's $2.9k. I guess its K04 then. K04 port and polish plus water/meth should net me around 350whp hopefully. Good enough for DD i guess. Was hoping for around 380whp DD. I know I could friggen F23 it but I'm still hesitant on that. I do have United Motorsports near me, could see whats good with them.

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
Well damn. The APR and the CTS are around $4k compared to ATP's $2.9k. I guess its K04 then. K04 port and polish plus water/meth should net me around 350whp hopefully. Good enough for DD i guess. Was hoping for around 380whp DD. I know I could friggen F23 it but I'm still hesitant on that. I do have United Motorsports near me, could see whats good with them.

Well if you are going to PP etc you need to have the car custom tuned. No point in doing anything physical to a K04 if you can't maximize it with the tune..

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
Well if you are going to PP etc you need to have the car custom tuned. No point in doing anything physical to a K04 if you can't maximize it with the tune..

True. That's where United Motorsports would come into play. I guess I'll have to put a call into them when it comes time

FriggenT1

Banned

Not necessarily true, several people have done it with no custom tune and been perfectly fine. It will still put out more flow which the ecu will adapt to, and still can make more power

Status
Not open for further replies.