GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ukraine: WAR Huh - What Is It Good For Absorootly Nothing

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

Unreal1

Autocross Champion
But to your analogy, it would be like the US placing bases in Russian territory because Ukraine is chummy with the US. I don’t see when anyone wanted to put a base in Russia. Conversely, Russia has been actively taking territory from a sovereign nation for 8yrs and has now started a full scale invasion to take the rest. The people of that nation said fuck you, we won’t be your puppet.

Based on our stance with democracy and freedom, we should support them.

Separatist or not, they were run and housed quantities of Russian troops. US troops have very little footprint outside of Germany, UK and Italy, and those support the greater NATO mission. Along the eastern edge of NATO US forces are limited to anti-ballistic missile systems, command and control, and combined training exercises. Which all seem pretty well justified at this point. 🤷‍♂️

How is a Russian base in Canada equivalent to a US base in Russia? You're acting as if Canada isn't a sovereign country. How about Russian bases in Cuba then...

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Ok, but let's play pretend here for just a bit.

Say Russia has some sort of agreement with countries that fit their ideology - and say Canada (US' semi retarded cousin), wants to join that agreement and allow "Russia" to form a couple of army bases just south of the US border. I bet you the good ole' US of A isn't going to be to keen on that idea.
How is a Russian base in Canada equivalent to a US base in Russia? You're acting as if Canada isn't a sovereign country. How about Russian bases in Cuba then...
He's replying to the quote above, where it was suggested that Canada establish bases south of the US border, which would be in the US.

Corprin

Autocross Champion

you @Daks said a Russian base in the US, not a Russian base in Canada. 🤷‍♂️

Also, the Cubans were more like Belarus in your the scenario. The Ukrainians don’t want the Russians there.

edited, was mixing the discussion up.

Last edited:

Daks

Autocross Champion
He's replying to the quote above, where it was suggested that Canada establish bases south of the US border, which would be in the US.
I made the mistake and wrote south instead of north. I was thinking south because US is south of Canada. Post should have read north.

In either case, I hope this all gets resolved soon. Having left a country because of war, reimmigration as a kid etc... That shit ain't fun. Missing family, friends, getting acclimated. I just feel bad for all those people.

Daks

Autocross Champion
you @Daks said a Russian base in the US, not a Russian base in Canada. 🤷‍♂️

Also, the Cubans were more like Belarus in your the scenario. The Ukrainians don’t want the Russians there.

edited, was mixing the discussion up.
No no, I said a Russian base in Canada.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
I made the mistake and wrote south instead of north. I was thinking south because US is south of Canada. Post should have read north.

In either case, I hope this all gets resolved soon. Having left a country because of war, reimmigration as a kid etc... That shit ain't fun. Missing family, friends, getting acclimated. I just feel bad for all those people.

If it were flipped and we were the aggressors, I sure as hell hope the world would fuck us up. Hell, I might be inclined to drive north and shoot south.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
no this is a hypothetical. you're the elected leader of this country. what would your direction be?
The sanctions should have started much sooner and the same with munitions support. Other countries are rallying now but it's looking like it's too little too late.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
The sanctions should have started much sooner and the same with munitions support. Other countries are rallying now but it's looking like it's too little too late.

You would impose large scale sanctions prior to an invasion?

I’ll leave out the hundreds of ATGMs that were on ground in November to include training.

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
I disagree, unilateral sanction action by the US prior to the invasion would have given Russia international cover in the invasion as painting the states as having taken the first international 'shot' over Ukraine. Feed into Russia's bullshit narrative of the US as an aggressor and likely would have divided the response from the EU. Having the west offer no provocation and thus creating the political bedrock for a unified economic response will do far more power than the US going alone ever would.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
I disagree, unilateral sanction action by the US prior to the invasion would have given Russia international cover in the invasion as painting the states as having taken the first international 'shot' over Ukraine. Feed into Russia's bullshit narrative of the US as an aggressor and likely would have divided the response from the EU. Having the west offer no provocation and thus creating the political bedrock for a unified economic response will do far more power than the US going alone ever would.

^^^all of this

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
You would impose large scale sanctions prior to an invasion?

I’ll leave out the hundreds of ATGMs that were on ground in November to include training.
Right after the invasion. Were they using the ATGMs the soonest possible? Seems like they waited several days.