GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

updates???

my1stvdub

Ready to race!
anyone have any updates if and when we can expect this beast stateside?? I've only had my gti for a month but am waiting to trade it in for the R!!

Cloudlink041

Ready to race!
X2

AF66

the salesperson at the dealer told me that they were expecting them soon. but theres been no word from vw. he said they just keep telling them its coming.

Cloudlink041

Ready to race!
Which dealer?

boosted2

Ready to race!
the salesperson at the dealer told me that they were expecting them soon. but theres been no word from vw. he said they just keep telling them its coming.

So why would you even post what your dealer said when they have no clue and are clearly feeding you bs?

rickerbr

Ready to race!
anyone know if its gonna be at the NY auto show next month??

It's possible. There was a Euro Golf R at the Montreal show in January that should still be on this side of the pond. NY is the logical place for VWGA to announce a US Golf R, given last year they introduced the US Golf 6 and GTI there. But nothing is confirmed as of yet.

supaflip

WWAATTAAHH!!!
no word yet =(

tho check out automobile magazine april issue... it has a 2 page article bout the car. oh it has a $52,000 price tag

sweetsandman

Ready to race!
no word yet =(

tho check out automobile magazine april issue... it has a 2 page article bout the car. oh it has a $52,000 price tag

:eek: I figured low-mid 30s...that's just ridiculous...there's no way it's going to come state-side if they have to price it anything above 35-36k...

jaygti1

Ready to race!
Really? An STI or Evo cost ~$45kCDN around here, a Golf R (to me) would be worth quite a bit more for its build quality.

sweetsandman

Ready to race!
Really? An STI or Evo cost ~$45kCDN around here, a Golf R (to me) would be worth quite a bit more for its build quality.

Canada has some weird pricing...the guy that said the mag said 52k was in California..so assuming he ment 52k USD....that is absolutely out of the question.

GTI2007

$ 52k is more then what the Golf R costs in Germany which is 36,400 € or converted around $ 50k so I don't think it's correct

sweetsandman

Ready to race!
$ 52k is more then what the Golf R costs in Germany which is 36,400 € or converted around $ 50k so I don't think it's correct

Good point...and I found the article from automobile mag about the GTI -R...and it doesn't say anything about the price in it what-so-ever...not sure where SupaFlip got the info...

rickerbr

Ready to race!
There is an article in the April print issue of Automobile. The text of it was posted on vortex, nothing new, just that VW was still considering.

Regarding $52k straight euro to dollar conversions are not accurate due to VAT and other factors.

bbg2d

BMW Cowboy
Went ahead and contacted a few registered importers after finding an up-to-date contact list. Some quoted $10-12k for imports, on top of the $50+k price after converting British Pounds Sterling to USD. Then, I recieved a response that had a confidentiality agreement tacked on the end. Is there something big with VW this year, 'cause it looks like we might get a present...