GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VDub_Lover's 2010 GTi MK6.. slowly but surely.

dc area does love to destroy the roads with their treatments before and during the snow...its pretty ridiculous...but i just hop into my jeep for that hahah

i wish i had 2 cars, 1 as a knock around i could care less about....

Yea i guess it wouldve been worse without them.. and to answer your question, ive lived here long enough that I cant remember the last time i saw snow :lol:

FL weather FTW

:p

Update: Xmas has something in store for me! cant wait!

ncelk

Dumb question on your custom splashguards, do you have them on the rear and if so, pics? They look much more subtle than the factory ones. I like them!

Dumb question on your custom splashguards, do you have them on the rear and if so, pics? They look much more subtle than the factory ones. I like them!

i dont have them on the rear since i had to mod them to fit the front and i couldnt figure mounting points for the rear to work....

Alittle explanation how i made them work:

since on the front i use the 2 screws that hold the wheel liner on as attachment points, and modded & added a third screw toward the inside of the wheel well (Where the wheel well recesses) to support the mudguard from flexing. which took some time to figure out (ended up having to make a small cut to fit a clip, something like this but not really (See A) and a screw with a washer and nut. Alittle over engineered but it works great.

A

The only way to make rear mud guards to work is to have them clip on the paint which was what i was trying to avoid with these, so i just didnt even try to mod them to fit.

But thanks for the compliment man! and yea i dont like the OEM ones, bc i dont like how they clip on paint, and how they look. if you want a DIY ill try my best to PM you one thats more in depth. should of made one when i installed them.

All in all took an hour for both sides, first side was 45 min, 2nd side was 15 min.

wildcars

Ready to race!
Are those 17" wheels?

This probably a stupid question, but are 18" not standard in the states?

Are those 17" wheels?

This probably a stupid question, but are 18" not standard in the states?

Yes 17 inch Denver wheels, In 2010 18's were a 1,000ish dollar option, in 2011 the 18's are standard, no 17 inch wheels

I went with 17's bc i knew i was going to get rid of them, so why spend the extra money if i didnt want them. Plus i like the Denvers better.

^ well i ment 2 cars in general, im glad u car about both your cars! i want one i can destroy not give a crap....like a civic. maybe vtec could convert me....:lol::lol:

phans784

Ready to race!
^^been thinking of doing this, but im worried it will leave a nasty glue texture. how did you do yours?

^^been thinking of doing this, but im worried it will leave a nasty glue texture. how did you do yours?

take them off, soak paper towels in some rubbing alcohol lay on top of the sticker for about 15 minutes, and peal off, if it doesnt come off pretty easily let it soak more.

To get rid of the stain or glue residue, some interior detailer or silicone spray and wipe it off.

El TexMex

Ready to race!
In my last car I used duct tape & a hair dryer.
Place a strip of duct tape atop the label with just enough of the edges over lapping the label, just make sure the edges are lifted off the visor.
Take your hair dryer and start heating up the tape, once its warm enough, gently start pulling the edge of the duct tape & the underlying label should come off along with it. Heat as needed if the label still adheres too firmly.
Of course my last visors had cloth on them & I noticed that the GTI's are made of plastic (?) so I'm not to sure how sensitive they would be to heat.

In my last car I used duct tape & a hair dryer.
Place a strip of duct tape atop the label with just enough of the edges over lapping the label, just make sure the edges are lifted off the visor.
Take your hair dryer and start heating up the tape, once its warm enough, gently start pulling the edge of the duct tape & the underlying label should come off along with it. Heat as needed if the label still adheres too firmly.
Of course my last visors had cloth on them & I noticed that the GTI's are made of plastic (?) so I'm not to sure how sensitive they would be to heat.

all i know is that the new ones are heat pressed on, but i know everyone has used the alcohol method and it works fine.

Weather Tech Mats: (Took pics at night so had to use flash on some/Trunk liner not pictured)

Overall I am very pleased with the whole kit (Mats and trunk liner) it really is nice during the winter, and deff does there job much better than the monster mats, and i like the look better.

One down side, you have to remove the trunk liner to really get into the spare tire compartment.

Last edited:
My Sun Visors:

Passenger:

Driver:

Rear Wiper Delete I used a cap to prevent water getting until i get the euroimage rear wiper delete.

Other shots:

Where she was most of winter

The interior of my baby

Still looks good dirty ;)