GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Want to Modify your GTI? Start Here

SHOMI

Ready to race!
Newbie here as well... Recently bought a 2010 GTI and ordered the APR intake.
Many thanks for this thread as it has been very helpful.

Cheers

Sirbikesalot

Passed Driver's Ed
Euro Led Tails

Hey DVM and anyone else who may be looking for mk6 led tails. I recently installed the RFB MK6 euro tinted led tails from USP Motorsports on 2011 and they fit great and look even better. On sale for 439 buckaroos right now is a whole lot easier to take than 700 or more. I give me high marks!

packfan

Passed Driver's Ed

have a question,is there any way on a VW GTI 2013 that I can reprogram my lights using a vagcom cable to get my taillights to work with my running lights>I have really cool LED taillights and I wanna be able to run them when I have my running lights on.

WAP

Go Kart Champion
have a question,is there any way on a VW GTI 2013 that I can reprogram my lights using a vagcom cable to get my taillights to work with my running lights>I have really cool LED taillights and I wanna be able to run them when I have my running lights on.

Welcome.

Get a Euro Switch, which gives you an extra setting. The first setting turns off your DRL's and turns on all the running lights, including the tail lights. It also lets you run your fogs without having to turn on your headlights. Second setting turns on the headlights. No VAG-COM needed. You just have to run a trigger wire. ECS tuning has a nice DIY, as does Vortex. Good luck!

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Welcome.

Get a Euro Switch, which gives you an extra setting. The first setting turns off your DRL's and turns on all the running lights, including the tail lights. It also lets you run your fogs without having to turn on your headlights. Second setting turns on the headlights. No VAG-COM needed. You just have to run a trigger wire. ECS tuning has a nice DIY, as does Vortex. Good luck!

Great information!!!!

packfan

Passed Driver's Ed
Welcome.

thanx for responding why is everyone talking bout vag com and you hav ing to use it in order to make your lights work properly,i don't have one so I wold prefer not to drive all over texas looking for one.
So if I wanna run my DRLs with my running lights including taillights what setting is that.The first setting sounds good but I don't wanna turn off my drls I want them to stay on with my running lights( taillights) like they do with the stock switch in headlight mode after you turn off car.

Where does the trigger wire go to and from where just curious.Thank you dave

packfan

Passed Driver's Ed
could I just get an ambient sensor switch to control my headlights automatically and just keep my euro switch in the auto position wouldn't that in theory turn on all my lights(headlights,drls and running lights including taillights) and when it lights up the headlights go out and all other lights stay on.

WAP

Go Kart Champion

WAP

Go Kart Champion
thanx for responding why is everyone talking bout vag com and you hav ing to use it in order to make your lights work properly,i don't have one so I wold prefer not to drive all over texas looking for one.
So if I wanna run my DRLs with my running lights including taillights what setting is that.The first setting sounds good but I don't wanna turn off my drls I want them to stay on with my running lights( taillights) like they do with the stock switch in headlight mode after you turn off car.

Where does the trigger wire go to and from where just curious.Thank you dave

Not sure you can run your running lights AND your DRL's, sorry. But you can run your running lights and your fog lights. In fact, some people vag-com their fogs to be their DRL's.

Check the DIY I referenced above to see where the trigger wire goes. It's easily understood from pictures, not so much from words.

packfan

Passed Driver's Ed
Not sure you can run your running lights AND your DRL's, sorry. But you can run your running lights and your fog lights. In fact, some people vag-com their fogs to be their DRL's.

Check the DIY I referenced above to see where the trigger wire goes. It's easily understood from pictures, not so much from words.

Thanx for all your advice n help thats why i asked bout the ambient sensor switch cause i heard that if hooked up properly in the auto position on the euro switch the headlights would turn on and off according to the light yet your drls n tailights would stay on and u would not need a vagcom except for the fog lights that somewhat makes sence seeing on the stock switch the running and tailights are on in the geadlight position n when u turn your car off in that position the headlights go out and the drls and tailights stay on.So again in theory that light sensor switch could work if all it does is turn on and off headlights

packfan

Passed Driver's Ed
I was told that with the euro switch on auto if you wanna run your drls and running lights(taillights) together you could hook up like some sort of ambient light sensor switch for the headlights which would allow the drls and running lights to stay on all the time and have the headlights come on and off.Has anyone heard of this,in theory it does make sence has anyone on this board heard of anything like this. Thanx dave

packfan

Passed Driver's Ed
Welcome.

Hi thanx for that info,i did what u said got the switch installed it and will do trigger wire next week,but on first setting u mentioned my drls,and tailights come on bilut so do my headlights will that trigger wire turn off headlights from that setting.
Also i have LEDS on my headlight which i assume are my drls in that first seting they are on usaid they would turn off,in fact ny drls are on in every setting on that switch.
Look all i want is just 1 setting on that switch where i have just my drls fogsand tailights on no headlights.

Also decided to get the light sensor kit for my headlight.Now if what they say is true in theory in the auto position during daytine n dusk hours all my lights should b on with the exception of my headlights is thst correct.

WAP

Go Kart Champion
Hi thanx for that info,i did what u said got the switch installed it and will do trigger wire next week,but on first setting u mentioned my drls,and tailights come on bilut so do my headlights will that trigger wire turn off headlights from that setting.
Also i have LEDS on my headlight which i assume are my drls in that first seting they are on usaid they would turn off,in fact ny drls are on in every setting on that switch.
Look all i want is just 1 setting on that switch where i have just my drls fogsand tailights on no headlights.

Also decided to get the light sensor kit for my headlight.Now if what they say is true in theory in the auto position during daytine n dusk hours all my lights should b on with the exception of my headlights is thst correct.

Without the trigger wire properly installed, the first and second position on the Euro switch will be identical. The trigger wire allows the switch to turn on just the running lights without the headlights. I said, once the trigger wire is properly installed, that the first position will turn on your running lights and turn off your DRLs. I can't specifically speak to LED DRL's as my car doesn't have them. Please reread my previous posts to get a clearer understanding of what I told you. Good luck.

packfan

Passed Driver's Ed
Without the trigger wire properly installed, the first and second position on the Euro switch will be identical. The trigger wire allows the switch to turn on just the running lights without the headlights. I said, once the trigger wire is properly installed, that the first position will turn on your running lights and turn off your DRLs. I can't specifically speak to LED DRL's as my car doesn't have them. Please reread my previous posts to get a clearer understanding of what I told you. Good luck.

I understand but ive always assumed those LEDs drls are running lights,thats what im hoping the trigger wire does runs my LEDs and my taillights and running lights we will c thank you
Have u or do u know any1 that has installed that light sensor switch n if so does it work.
I have step by step directions how to install trigger wire it says i have to vagcom the drls off first