GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Water pump

Lowpez22

Passed Driver's Ed
One failed Mofo!
Gti MK6 ccta 2.0t

I see there are many topics on the water pump issue. And so called recall I've called very dealer in a 100mi radius and not hitching the can see. Also called VW and also they don't see a recall on this. If anyone has any help on this pleas help a vw brotha out. At this point I have taken it out and found the issue.
Well any help would be awesome

iPhone

Lowpez22

Passed Driver's Ed
For what I have found
It's a recall on it but no one seem to have it in thier system

iPhone

Pooley

Ready to race!
I live in PA which sold CBFA cars, but my car originated in MD which sold CCTA. Have a friend that works as a service advisor at local VW dealer. Last year I mentioned the water pump issue and he checked the system and it seems only CBFA are listed under the extension since mine wasn't showing in the system when he checked.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

bigturbonyc

Ready to race!
Your cylinder head cover is leaking oil down to the wp causing that seal to swell and break...fix that asap or you'll be doing another wp soon.

bigturbonyc

Ready to race!
As long as no oil is coming from the top.

There is no valve cover on this engine, it's called a cylinder head cover. And they leak, the red anaerobic sealant they use from the factory doesn't last long.

Lowpez22

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks I'm waiting on my pump and I'll inspect and shoot you some pictures and see if you can tell if it is

iPhone

zrickety

The Fixer
You made it that far, a new pump is like $300.