GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

wetMoney's Build

Zach L

VR junkie
Ouch! Sorry to hear about those dents. A skilled paintless dent repair can get those 90% the way back to new, then dab some touch up paint on those scratches... you'll be the only one that knows where they are.

Still one of the nicest GTIs out there. I'd like to hear more about your dash cam setup if you have the time for a DIY or review.

GoodTimesIndeed

Go Kart Champion
I went to clean out my boost line, which I like to do bc the blow by...
So when I removed the gauge, I noticed that one of the rods on the back of the gauge was loose. To my amazement, I tried to fix it, but it was totally messed up. Pushing it in caused the gauge to become off calibration. I said FUCK it, snipped the wires and Kobe'd that shit in the trash and ordered a P3. No more worries about boost lines and "leaks" from gauge. Bye Felicia.

Did your gauge work fine prior to pulling it? That band on the inside is what you use to "zero" in the gauge. If you would have just grabbed a small screwdriver or whatever and moved it around gently (up/down) a bit I think you could have fixed your gauge.

WetMoney

Go Kart Champion
Ouch! Sorry to hear about those dents. A skilled paintless dent repair can get those 90% the way back to new, then dab some touch up paint on those scratches... you'll be the only one that knows where they are.

Still one of the nicest GTIs out there. I'd like to hear more about your dash cam setup if you have the time for a DIY or review.

Thanks man. I've had the dent guy visit me many of times. I'll wait till after this winter to take a better look and see what I wanna do. Thanks for the positivity!

And as for the dash cam, it was pretty much an impulse buy. I'll be taking pics and doing my hardwire setup in the next few weeks. Feel free to ask any questions.

Did your gauge work fine prior to pulling it? That band on the inside is what you use to "zero" in the gauge. If you would have just grabbed a small screwdriver or whatever and moved it around gently (up/down) a bit I think you could have fixed your gauge.

Yeah I've done that in the past, but this is way different.

Here's a video:

WetMoney

Go Kart Champion
winter mode we meet again :(

- getting ready for this "storm"

Last edited:

WetMoney

Go Kart Champion
Updated the Exhaust this past weekend. Made the switch to an AWE Track Catback. Really pleased with the ease of adjustment and sound of this also. So now I have a catless CTS Downpipe paired with the AWE. It's a 3" downpipe to a 2.5" catback. I don't know what it is.. but I like the added back pressure with the smaller piping. The car feels more responsive at lower RPMs.
I'll add some sound clips when I have time. But here are some pics I took with my potato..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
in4vids of that exhaust setup. That was my plan B if I didn't go with my Borla catback. Nice car!