GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

WHAT COMES AFTER A GTI ?

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
I'm planning to buy in 2018

My family will have 3 children 3 and under come November. We recently bought an explorer sport to haul them around, till they are out of car seats I'll have to have 3 rows to move the whole family so depending on how things go with the explorer my next car could be a quad cab truck (only 2 row vehicle I've found that holds current car seats) or a minivan utility for moving people trumps my image lol. I actually wanted to get a minivan when we bought the explorer because I know when we have to use the 3rd row it's going to be a PITA! However if things go well and my next car is a "replacement" for the GTI I'm currently looking into the F Type S AWD, Corvette, CTS V, RS3, or SRT Charger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Unless you really need the AWD, go with a C2S or a GT3. I had 3 997.1 of different kinds, lots of fun with the rear wheels slipping out a bit in the corners

Good question. There's a few reasons.
The look of the wider body (GTS or 4 GTS would be #1 preference) & red stripe out back.
Another reason is the 997.2's PTM system. It's electronic & with fully variable bias (0-100% front) whereas the previous version was more like Haldex limiting 40% to the front wheels.
Also I want an AWD car and one with a rear/mid engine. How friggin cool & uncommon is a sports car that is both?

Apparently the 997.2 PDK's AWD is disabled quite easily to become RWD:)

Last edited:

Philimon

Ready to race!

SI variant of the civic hatch. The above pic I believe is a non-SI version as the SI has yet to be revealed. Those fake vents in the back are ugly. I can see why they were trying to break up that big bumper cover for a sportier look, but could they not design something more elegant?

I would love if they made an SI version of the Fit.

A regular Fit would be fine with me though:

Last edited:

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
The more I think about this the more I feel that I'll be keeping my Mk6 until it gets rear ended at an intersection or something.

The Mk7 is a fantastic car, but when I look at mine parked next to one..... I still feel more drawn to mine. The interior is lovely and the horsepower gains from basic upgrades is unreal, but I can match the performance with money left over for the difference in value between my car and a new one.

I can afford a more expensive car like an S4 or a 911, but I enjoy sport compacts and I'm not interested in burning that kind of cash on my daily ride.

WRXs are okay, the ST twins are good drivers but maybe a little too hyper-active in character for me, and the Si I'd like to see hasn't come to us yet. So it's hard to say what I'd do if my GTI just disappeared tomorrow.

NorthVan1

Ready to race!
Good question. There's a few reasons.
The look of the wider body (GTS or 4 GTS would be #1 preference) & red stripe out back.
Another reason is the 997.2's PTM system. It's electronic & with fully variable bias (0-100% front) whereas the previous version was more like Haldex limiting 40% to the front wheels.
Also I want an AWD car and one with a rear/mid engine. How friggin cool & uncommon is a sports car that is both?

Apparently the 997.2 PDK's AWD is disabled quite easily to become RWD:)

There is about 1.5 inches between the wide body cars and the narrow body cars. 3/4 of inch per rear fender.

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
There is about 1.5 inches between the wide body cars and the narrow body cars. 3/4 of inch per rear fender.

What a difference it makes for some reason

Another reason: I am kind of a wuss and afraid of oversteering the car in the wet or cold.
Always wanted an AWD car and hear the 911s feel RWD mainly.

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
No one is interested in the upcoming Audi rs3?

The RS3 sedan will be GORGEOUS. It is a natural step on the path to a 911 or RS7, etc.
Same goes for the TT-RS. Gonna be a budget supercar in an even more relevant way the original R8 V8 was. Would totally consider a TT-RS. 5-cylinder coupe. Mmm.
It's the greatest time ever to be into cars. Many vehicles built since 2009 are as fantastic today as they were new. Bluetooth, heated seats, adaptive suspension, DCT & 6 speed manual , xenon lights, reliable engines m, etc. Now they are as affordable as equally advanced, fast and exciting new vehicles. Wait til the day when 997.2 Turbo PDKs are $60-70K! May keep me off the road in fear.

The_Koof1

Ready to race!
When the GTI lets go, most likely a Mk7 R. Or I may go full project and look for an R32 Skyline GT-R, Porsche 944 or a BMW 2002.

Last edited:

ncsugray90

Ready to race!
When the GTI lets go, most likely a Mk7 R. Or I may go full project and look for an R32 Skyline GT-R, Porsche 944 or a BMW 2002.
I love 944's and 2002's. Never had a chance to drive the bimmer, but I love the idea of having a restored one for a city driver. First car I ever drove on a track was my buddies 944 turbo, and that thing was a blast

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

clownish

just clowning around
The RS3 sedan will be GORGEOUS. It is a natural step on the path to a 911 or RS7, etc.
Same goes for the TT-RS. Gonna be a budget supercar in an even more relevant way the original R8 V8 was. Would totally consider a TT-RS. 5-cylinder coupe. Mmm.
It's the greatest time ever to be into cars. Many vehicles built since 2009 are as fantastic today as they were new. Bluetooth, heated seats, adaptive suspension, DCT & 6 speed manual , xenon lights, reliable engines m, etc. Now they are as affordable as equally advanced, fast and exciting new vehicles. Wait til the day when 997.2 Turbo PDKs are $60-70K! May keep me off the road in fear.

When it does come out I might dump the mk5 and the mk6 and just get that. Those cars look good on paper - eager to see what they're actually like

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
When it does come out I might dump the mk5 and the mk6 and just get that. Those cars look good on paper - eager to see what they're actually like

Been spying future prospects. There are Carrera 4S manuals for <$50K. Nice S PDK coupes are around $50K. That's 385 reliable HP and the highest specific-output naturally aspirated motor after the Ferrari 430. Until the current dull 991.

This particular Carrera 4 GTS is my favorite. 408 non-turbo HP (GTS = standard $15K "PowerKit").It's the top-end of 997.2 Carreras. $75-80K. Beats a new 718 or 981 GTS!

Last edited:

clownish

just clowning around
Been spying future prospects. There are Carrera 4S manuals for <$50K. Nice S PDK coupes are around $50K. That's 385 reliable HP and the highest specific-output naturally aspirated motor after the Ferrari 430. Until the current dull 991.

This particular Carrera 4 GTS is my favorite. 408 non-turbo HP (GTS = standard $15K "PowerKit").It's the top-end of 997.2 Carreras. $75-80K. Beats a new 718 or 981 GTS!

The only is that I wouldn't want to daily that. As a runabout that would be incredible.

I've also considered getting a really nice truck and just keeping the mk6 as a stripped dedicated project car.