GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

WHAT COMES AFTER A GTI ?

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
The only is that I wouldn't want to daily that. As a runabout that would be incredible.

I've also considered getting a really nice truck and just keeping the mk6 as a stripped dedicated project car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That seems to be the problem with car guys, we want them all lol so hard to choose but I've also considered something more practical and going full track build on the GTI

NorthVan1

Ready to race!
Been spying future prospects. There are Carrera 4S manuals for <$50K. Nice S PDK coupes are around $50K. That's 385 reliable HP and the highest specific-output naturally aspirated motor after the Ferrari 430. Until the current dull 991.

This particular Carrera 4 GTS is my favorite. 408 non-turbo HP (GTS = standard $15K "PowerKit").It's the top-end of 997.2 Carreras. $75-80K. Beats a new 718 or 981 GTS!

This was my last 997, a 2007 GT3. I sold it last July.

Attachments

• GT3 Grouse.jpg
    GT3 Grouse.jpg
    345.8 KB · Views: 126

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion

NorthVan1

Ready to race!
Gorgeous! Practical enough to drive around for errands?

It didn't work well for my life. I have 2 kids, and the GT3 had 2 seats. I didn't drive it enough, nor did I have a proper place to park it. So it was better to let it go IMO. It was fun to own for 3.5 years.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Now that Uni has released their Stage 2 IS20 tune for the 1.8, i've decided my next car will be a 2018 GSW, manual. The gas mileage people are getting in those things stock is mouthwatering. The utility of a GSW plus the power of the Stage 2 IS20 tune is, to me, the embodiment of the perfect daily driver. I've seen people get S model GSWs for 18k, so i'd have all the money in the world to make it exactly how i want it (appearance, performance, convenience features etc)

Svtpony

Ready to race!
I've had this problem for like 2 years. I want to sell the MK6, I take pictures, start looking at similar GTIs to get a ballpark on what it could sell for and then I bitch out because I'm afraid I'll miss it. Here's what my garage looks like ATM:
2016 Ford Edge Sport
2013 Ford Focus
2010 GTI
2005 Jeep Wrangler
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1998 Jeep Cherokee

(I like jeeps)

So at the moment I'm looking for a 2003-2004 Cobra. But not sure if I can pull the trigger or not. I'll buy another car, but I'm out of room to store them.

Then I'm on the fence about maybe a 335i, but would honestly rather have a 328i because it'll keep me out of getting in trouble at stop lights and it's a 4 door gas saver.

-2015+ Mustang GT
-2015+ F150
-Newer JK four door wrangler
-S4
-AMG 63
-Golf R

I'm all over the place if you can't tell. So much decision.

Last edited:

Svtpony

Ready to race!
On a side note. I actively tried to buy a Focus RS, called all the dealers around when I found out it was in production. Left messages, tried to order it online, physically went into the dealers attempting to put a deposit on one. Nothing. I feel like they screwed me over because I wasn't going to pay their "dealer mark up". I wanted to order it from ford and since there was 1000's of people who'd excitedly pay the $5k mark up they left me on the back burner. Oh well, live and learn.

Svtpony

Ready to race!
Zero chance I'd pay a markup on that car. I'd rather buy a Golf R and the difference in upgrades.

I just don't get it, I'm willing to pay the price set by the manufacturer, but why the hell do I need to pay an extra $5k just because the dealer wants it. Not cool.

I feel bad for the guys buying a GT350, or 350R. They're getting raped.

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
I just don't get it, I'm willing to pay the price set by the manufacturer, but why the hell do I need to pay an extra $5k just because the dealer wants it. Not cool.

I feel bad for the guys buying a GT350, or 350R. They're getting raped.

Yeah, but I guess if people are willing to drop that extra cash that evaporates immediately upon signing the dotted line..... then there you go.

For $45k I can think of a fair number of other sport focused vehicles I'd rather have.

Svtpony

Ready to race!
evaporates immediately upon signing the dotted line.....

Exactly. I'm anxious to see what that RS can do once they get some tunes going. I imagine some real big power. I want to tune the Edge Sport it's 2.7 V6 Twin turbo AWD. It's the woman's car though haha. She doesn't really want me messing with it. I know she wants it, but she just won't admit it ;)

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
Exactly. I'm anxious to see what that RS can do once they get some tunes going. I imagine some real big power. I want to tune the Edge Sport it's 2.7 V6 Twin turbo AWD. It's the woman's car though haha. She doesn't really want me messing with it. I know she wants it, but she just won't admit it ;)

Just tuned my wife's explorer sport. It isn't as noticeable as stage 1 in the GTI but it is stronger especially from a stop. Not sure if Livernois has a tune for your Edge but if they do their customer support is amazing. I highly recommend them.

Svtpony

Ready to race!
Just tuned my wife's explorer sport. It isn't as noticeable as stage 1 in the GTI but it is stronger especially from a stop. Not sure if Livernois has a tune for your Edge but if they do their customer support is amazing. I highly recommend them.

Very cool, I'll have to look into it. Thanks for the recommendation.