GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 2.5 today?

KollinWithaK

Autocross Champion
Funny I just got my mk6 2.5 and I really wish I would of picked me up a gti Haha. Must say though I love the sounds you can yank out of these engines.

In my opinion, the 2.5's will always be cooler than the GTI's. The motor is the big thing for me. It's not fast, but the thing is bulletproof, and it sounds super good.

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion
My rcd510 got fouled up. I was actually listening to a CD believe it or not......

The CD must not of seated properly when the car shut down. Upon restarting the car the next day, it came up with a 'slot error' message...problem being everything on the MEDIA menu was locked out as well. Listening to a CD is something I hadn't done in years, but, bought the new TooL album and felt nostalgic. After 1 day of local fm radio......nope..not a chance.

So...ordered this: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07BSP6Y24/ref=pe_3034960_233709270_TE_item

In such a "insert facepalm emoji" VW way the rcd510 is working again today and doesn't know that it's about to be replaced.

Last edited:

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
My rcd510 got fouled up. I was actually listening to a CD believe it or not......

The CD must not of seated properly when the car shut down. Upon restarting the car the next day, it came up with a 'slot error' message...problem being everything on the MEDIA menu was locked out as well. Listening to a CD is something I hadn't done in years, but, bought the new TooL album and felt nostalgic. After 1 day of local fm radio......nope..not a chance.

So...ordered this: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07BSP6Y24/ref=pe_3034960_233709270_TE_item

In such a "insert facepalm emoji" VW way the rcd510 is working again today and doesn't know that it's about to be replaced.
Agreed, NO matter which Head Unit, if it aint got Carplay or Android Auto, don't waist your time getting the latest Navtec Maps, it's passe it's gotta go.

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
MLue hit the nail on the head. In the world of Google maps using a built in mapping application is pointless for the average consumer. The interface is usually super dated and the data has to be updated manually (usually at a cost). Ask me how I know....I make mapping applications for emergency response for a living. I replaced my RCD510 with a RCD330 Plus and it has been the best upgrade ever.

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion
I actually remembered that you had mentioned this and I found the thread about the rcd330 head unit in the electronics section. @torga and yourself, @Wascally Wabbit1 were enough of an endorsement for me as everything I’ve read from you two has been quite concise and you to are quite exacting in your requirements and expectations.

That fact that VW engineers did due diligence on this is a slam dunk. My RCD510 has been on for 8.5 years and sang for its supper as It were, and, looks like the 330 already arrived in North America too. Hopefully get it this week.

The CD mechanism re-seated in my 510 the other day. I’ll risk trying to get the CDs out. I’ll likely list it cheap on Kijiji(Canada,s Craigslist) along with the Bluetooth unit for 100$ with the CD disclaimer. Someone with a base unit may want a touch screen with 32gb sd card slot etc and a better esthetic.

Last edited:

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion
I bought some VWR lowering springs. I hope I won't regret my decision.
[/QUOTE

How old is the surrounding cast like shocks, mounts, end links? New or used VWR?

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion
@Wascally Wabbit1

Are you doing it in the private sector for sale as a service. I’ve got a friend in the insurance field who’s a geologist and they’re remapping the continent for new projections for flood plains, forest fire, drought, soil errosion. All to deny future claims.

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
@Wascally Wabbit1

Are you doing it in the private sector for sale as a service. I’ve got a friend in the insurance field who’s a geologist and they’re remapping the continent for new projections for flood plains, forest fire, drought, soil errosion. All to deny future claims.

Ya. I'm in the private sector working directly with 911 dispatch basically building database processes for call routing and proximity dispatch. I used to work for a company that did remote sensing for the insurance market. The company I work for now also does a lot of flood plain mapping.

v1nn1e

Go Kart Newbie
Gonna try the "new" air intake in the spring?

Attachments

• IMG_20191222_153928.jpg
    IMG_20191222_153928.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 114

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
New set of Conti DWS's yesterday. I always love getting new tires. I was running the DW's before but the DWS's are $200 cheaper and I have been driving in some light snow up in Palomar.