GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 2.5 today?

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion
UPDATE: I replaced my H7 headlight bulbs with LEDs several weeks ago, and I've been very happy with them. I'm old with eye problems and these help alot, they work everywhere especially in really dark areas its like day light. General driving experience is that signs just "Pop".

Canadian
https://www.amazon.ca/H7-LED-Conver...2177&sr=8-4&keywords=h7+led+headlights+for+vw

US
https://www.amazon.com/LASFIT-Headl...2074&sr=8-8&keywords=h7+led+headlights+for+vw

Finally got around to installing these LED headlights as well. Aside from the fact that I could barely get my hand in the housing, the installation was a breeze. I just cut a hole the size of the base of the bulb in the dust covers.

The light from these is worlds better.

Got Pilot Sport AS 3+ (225/45/17) installed this week as well. Very impressed by these. The sidewalls are nice and stiff, and the traction is incredible.

Did an oil change and did the PCV fix as well as preventative maintenance.

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
Great find, you must be the luckiest one here finding all these nice parts.

:needpics:,... if no pics, are posted within the hour you have to hand over said GTI Steering wheel to me without question,...!

Don't have it yet. But here is a pic from the post.

It's just saying install me.

Last edited:

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Don't have it yet. But here is a pic from the post.

It's just saying install me.
Nice Find !!!
Seeing as I'm labled as a Pennie Pincher elsewhere on this forum. :sm3: I must admit I'm a "cheapskate" as our Golf has only the base steering wheel covered with a vinyl covering I got off Amazon for $10, thicken the wheel and makes it nicer to hold on sub zero mornings. :sm3:

Finally got around to installing these LED headlights as well. Aside from the fact that I could barely get my hand in the housing, the installation was a breeze. I just cut a hole the size of the base of the bulb in the dust covers.

The light from these is worlds better.

Got Pilot Sport AS 3+ (225/45/17) installed this week as well. Very impressed by these. The sidewalls are nice and stiff, and the traction is incredible.

Did an oil change and did the PCV fix as well as preventative maintenance.
You're Super Useful, don't let anyone tell you different ! Your car is not only faster now but safer and well maintained ! :clap:

Last edited:

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
Nice Find !!!
Seeing as I'm labled as a Pennie Pincher elsewhere on this forum. :sm3: I must admit I'm a "cheapskate" as our Golf has only the base steering wheel covered with a vinyl covering I got off Amazon for $10, thicken the wheel and makes it nicer to hold on sub zero mornings. :sm3:

You're Super Useful, don't let anyone tell you different ! Your car is not only faster now but safer and well maintained ! :clap:

VW gave me some extra money to work with.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
VW gave me some extra money to work with.
Well today I went to give them money, ....went to buy an eGolf today (yes it does cost more than a GTI, in Canada), but was told I'd have to wait more than a year for delivery, ....WTF !

I guess I'll hang with you guys even if my son has the Golf for the Summer.

So I'll wait until the Hatchback Buzz comes out, hopefully with the Aluminum battery and not the Lithium battery. The aluminum battery doesn't loose like 50% of capacity when it gets cold like the Lithium one.

Last edited:

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
I see lots of eGolfs down here. More Teslas than anything as far as electrics go. Don't know the Buzz. I'll have to google it. I am a peddle power person myself normally. I bike/take the train to work normally. Not really an option where it's cold. That's why I don't mind poluting a tad more than normal. I build up credits during the week for my weekend 2.5L outings.

The bike challenge starts next week for anyone who wants to get some miles in over the summer.

One for the dirt one for the road.

Last edited:

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Of course Teslas, you in the OC.

Your green signature must be off the charts :w00t:

I'm not sure I could go along with you choice of bike seats tho :laugh:

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
Bike seats? Soft bike seats actually make your ass hurt more on long rides. Harder seats are better for that once your sit bone gets uses to it. If thats what you are referring to anyway.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Hmm. Never noticed that. But rain where I live is a scary and confussing event. It's like apes who first discovered fire.

Damn you ecs for your email suggestions....
:lol: Hahaha that's hilarious !

:thumbsup:Carbon Fibre Battery box and wrapped Beattle Engine Cover would be killer.