GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 2.5 today?

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion

If you vent to atmosphere don't be surprised when this little guy smokes like crazy. Those are all tbe vapors that were originally routing back to the intake. It would be funny to go in for a smog check with that fuming away. Don't mind that. It's fine.

Also make sure you keep it pointed upright or oil will drip from it and not back down in the can.

I'm learning. Trial and error...but learning.

Another fun fact If you go this route be prepared to clean this little guy once a week or it will saturate and thats when it starts spitting oil all over your engine compartment. I've read too many times that this setup makes a mess. That is true if you don't take the 10 minutes every Sunday Morning to throw it under the faucet real quick. For me anyway it seems to be about a week before this starts happening.

I have seen where folks are just venting the valve cover with a breather and no catch can. Now that has to be a mess.

KollinWithaK

Autocross Champion
Thanks, I should be receiving my advance Rolex 24 ticket offer soon.

I'm not a Cafe Racer or Mod Crazy so I haven't done a hole lot that's visible the car looks stock.

Yeah, I'm just curious to know how you went about boosting the 2.5. I've looked into both boosting it, and swapping in a 6 speed from a GTI, just because I want more, just dunno if it's really worth the money.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Yeah, I'm just curious to know how you went about boosting the 2.5. I've looked into both boosting it, and swapping in a 6 speed from a GTI, just because I want more, just dunno if it's really worth the money.
Sorry, I think you must have misread, my car is not boosted.

OrangeSpy

Ready to race!
Threw a clutch pedal stop in. I like it but it's at the lowest setting and I have to push the clutch in hard on order to start the car. Anyway I can adjust the sensor?

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Threw a clutch pedal stop in. I like it but it's at the lowest setting and I have to push the clutch in hard on order to start the car. Anyway I can adjust the sensor?
Enjoy!!!

I know it has to do with driver preference but to be honest, I don't see the actual need for it. I've been driving manual for like 40 years and driven a number GTI and of course the Golf.

KanyesChest

Ready to race!
Been a lurker for the past couple months since I've bought my 2.5L! Grabbed this car for a cross Canada drive to move from Vancouver, BC -> Markham, ON for an internship. Now that I've settled in, thought I'd introduce myself and try to be active in the forums!

I've got a couple mods planned out for my car already, namely an VWR springs, intake and something to make give my exhaust more rumble in the cabin.

Looking forward to participating more here!

KollinWithaK

Autocross Champion
Been a lurker for the past couple months since I've bought my 2.5L! Grabbed this car for a cross Canada drive to move from Vancouver, BC -> Markham, ON for an internship. Now that I've settled in, thought I'd introduce myself and try to be active in the forums!

I've got a couple mods planned out for my car already, namely an VWR springs, intake and something to make give my exhaust more rumble in the cabin.

Looking forward to participating more here!

Welcome man! Can't comment on the springs (I have coils) or intake (haven't made it there yet), but for exhaust, I'd go Eurojet if you can find one, or just chop the two rear mufflers off and call it a day.

KanyesChest

Ready to race!
Thanks man! I'm not looking to make it much louder than stock, just a bit more rumble, so I've planned to chop off the suitcase muffler and swap out the stock resonator.

Rickybobbi

Ready to race!

A full turbo setup well built is about 7000$CAD and more from what I have seen.

Just to give you an idea.

- 5 Bosch 550cc injector : 325$CAD + tax + shipping approx.
- Bosch 040 fuel pump : 260$CAD + tax + shipping, you might find a Walbro pump cheaper
- PrecisionTurbo 5858 : 1400$CAD journal bearing, 2200$CAD ball bearing + tax + shipping
- Exhaust manidold / turbo manifold : 800$CAD+
- Precision 46mm Vband Wastegate : 500$CAD
- Diverter Valve (I would not get a BOV except if you are maf-less), a Tial QR is about 350$CAD
- An intercooler, VibrantPerformance sold them near 400$ CAD
- Custom downpipe works approx 300$ depending of the job
- An IE intake manifold, you could keep the stock one, but I don't think the plastic one would support the boosty very well plus you wouldn't get the best performance from your turbo setup without the intake manifold : 1100$CAD
- An UnitedMotorsport Fuel Injector tune, near 750$CAD, maybe less
- Oil lines, fittings, piping for the intake : price may vary...

Pretty much what you need for basic setup, then you will have to upgrade your clutch, otherwise it will slip and slip... Performance clutch kit is near 1200$CAD

If you don't install it by yourself, you will have to pay for labor time, just the clutch is near 5-6 hours. You will always have to use 91 octane gas. You might have to change some other stuff like fuel filter. I would also get an AFR gauge and a boost gauge, near 250-300$CAD, a wideband will cost more...

Keep in mind the 5speed differential can be weak... And you might need to replace it in an unexpected moment ^^

It's not cheap but if you have the money and want to keep your car for a long time without caring of the resale value, then go for it, it's a nice project and you will have a reliable turbo car with decent power If you are planning to put an Haldex AWD, it's near 4000$ CAD using R32 parts.

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
Look what I got today......joy

I may have to put a Xuji cover on it like my old wheel.

Ordered a cover and the apr badge (on sale for 15 bucks & the one on there is a little jacked up). I tell you I am not looking forward to another 4.5 hour sewing session but once you've used these covers you will never want to go back. Adds thickness and they are so soft and grippy. Well worth the $60 bucks. Plus I did a kick ass job on my last one :thumbup: