GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
Fuck why have I never heard of this before?! Doing this this weekend!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont know man lol I discovered it when installing my sound system and I forgot to put the cover back on and heard it very loud when I was driving until I realized what it was

Eurodyne stage 2 tune|Autotech dogbone insert|FK street lines coilovers|Rev D dv|Manzo eBay Dp|custom 3" catback|P-flo intake|R8 coils

CMGTI

Ready to race!
Taking off that dampening from the hood makes the car sound better. You can hear the intake so much more and engine is louder

I took it off both GTIs I have/had because mainly it was sagging and it was annoying the crap out of me haha.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
I dont know man lol I discovered it when installing my sound system and I forgot to put the cover back on and heard it very loud when I was driving until I realized what it was

Eurodyne stage 2 tune|Autotech dogbone insert|FK street lines coilovers|Rev D dv|Manzo eBay Dp|custom 3" catback|P-flo intake|R8 coils

Lol. Is it a T25 screw/bolt?

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
Lol. Is it a T25 screw/bolt?

No you literally pull it out, the rubber seal can be removed with your fingers as well

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
No you literally pull it out, the rubber seal can be removed with your fingers as well

Wow. Might do that when I get out of work in 3 hours lol.

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
Wow. Might do that when I get out of work in 3 hours lol.

Lol definitely should man

CarniifeX

Go Kart Champion
After going back and forth with the dealership to resolve my P2177 code, it has finally been resolved (sort of).

First they replaced my rear main seal and the CEL came back on a week later.

Turned out to be a faulty fuel pump. They're replacing that, as well as the fuel pump control module and seal.

Thankfully I have the VW Platinum Coverage Plan for I would be out $900+.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Post what you think afterwards

Is it this black thing and the foam stuff behind it?

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion

Is it this black thing and the foam stuff behind it?

No look further up towards left side

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
No look further untoward a left side

Damn, guess I better screw that back on lol.

BroMoney

Passed Driver's Ed
After going back and forth with the dealership to resolve my P2177 code, it has finally been resolved (sort of).

First they replaced my rear main seal and the CEL came back on a week later.

Turned out to be a faulty fuel pump. They're replacing that, as well as the fuel pump control module and seal.

Thankfully I have the VW Platinum Coverage Plan for I would be out $900+.

Wouldn't that be covered under warranty considering your car is a '14?

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
Damn, guess I better screw that back on lol.

lol you'll see the foam cover once you light up more up