GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

93serprise

Ready to race!
Got my very first P2015 CEL code...yay ! Strange that it happened right after switching from APR K04 tune to Unitronic K04 tune. I did drive the car from work to home on the 3 bar MAP though and out of boost, and then installed the factory MAP sensor when I got home. I cleared the CEL, but if it comes back I am thinking of replacing the manifold myself....I really wish there was a tune available for the IE manifold. I want it badly.

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
Got my very first P2015 CEL code...yay ! Strange that it happened right after switching from APR K04 tune to Unitronic K04 tune. I did drive the car from work to home on the 3 bar MAP though and out of boost, and then installed the factory MAP sensor when I got home. I cleared the CEL, but if it comes back I am thinking of replacing the manifold myself....I really wish there was a tune available for the IE manifold. I want it badly.

There is a tune for it, by I.E. They now allow flashing from home for our cars and have the I.E. manifold tune available upon ordering the tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

93serprise

Ready to race!
So they have a K04 tune along with the manifold tune? Or can I add the manifold tune on top of my Unitronic K04 tune? Kind of a strange question...lol.

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
So they have a K04 tune along with the manifold tune? Or can I add the manifold tune on top of my Unitronic K04 tune? Kind of a strange question...lol.

I'm pretty sure you'd have to get the their K04 manifold tune. They've had it for a while, it's just recently they've introduced the dongle to be able to tune from home with the Mk6 GTI ECUs.

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!
Had this happen and the dealership replaced my intake manifold for free. It's the flap actuator arm that fails

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Had this happen and the dealership replaced my intake manifold for free. It's the flap actuator arm that fails

VWOA is, as you can expect, pretty tough to get them to pay for even known-to-fail parts. i had my intake mfld done a bit ago and they only covered part of the labor, and it was a reimbursement situation.

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!
VWOA is, as you can expect, pretty tough to get them to pay for even known-to-fail parts. i had my intake mfld done a bit ago and they only covered part of the labor, and it was a reimbursement situation.

They replace it for free to 125k miles. At first they didn't want to because of mods. I pushed back on them and talked to the manager and they covered it all. I paid 200 for them to clean carbon build up though

pamatt

Passed Driver's Ed
Tyrolsport dead set front and back. Tyrolsport stage 1 and 2 rear stress bar. This completely changed my car. I am in love with my car again.

Aphix

Go Kart Champion
How are you liking the hatch brace?

I have the Tyrolsport hatch brace and love it. It makes a very noticeable difference for a hatchback, and makes the car feel more solid.

If properly installed, any hatch braces would give the same result. I just didn't want to deal with drilling.. ugh.

SoWalGTI

Autocross Champion
  • Finally got rid of my stock intercooler (it's been in there doing nothing for 6 months now) and installed Neuspeed delete brackets.
  • Ran some lines for the Aquamist HFS4 install.
  • Assembled the front-end with the newly shaved front bumper and piano black lower grille and surround.
  • Test fitted OEM R20 side skirts before paint.

pamatt

Passed Driver's Ed
How are you liking the hatch brace?

Absolutely love it. You don't know how much your car is twisting and moving until you install one. Lessened understeer a great deal.

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
  • Finally got rid of my stock intercooler (it's been in there doing nothing for 6 months now) and installed Neuspeed delete brackets.
  • Ran some lines for the Aquamist HFS4 install.
  • Assembled the front-end with the newly shaved front bumper and piano black lower grille and surround.
  • Test fitted OEM R20 side skirts before paint.

Did you notice a difference in temps with the stock intercooler installed as well?

Im installing my neuspeed fmic this weekend without the delete kit.

Sent from my Pixel

Last edited:

AGEE4

Ready to race!
Multiple EGR/DPF failures. Couldn't smog/register. First occurrence was 6 months/17k miles

How many total fails did you have? Did you have to hire an attorney or where you able to file a claim with VW on your behalf?