GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
also changed the ground location for my radar detector's hardwire setup.

cleared codes via VCDS, all seem related to dead battery. looks ok now but will reassess tomorrow morning when i prep for a cruise this sunday.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Besides the radar detector, do you have any other electrical mods/additions? Even led bulbs, have you touched anything?

hrm. nothing too recently...

LED license plate bulbs. LED tails. LED sidemarkers (coded those away). RNS 510 but thats plug and play. all of these have been in for 4-6+ months, no issues.

UPDATE: seems to be working now that i shifted the ground wire. thanks everyone for thier input on the issue.

Last edited:

Phur

Autocross Champion
I just got home from our Acadia vacation. Maine was amazing! Thank you, Will, for the help. Appreesh. It ended up being 2750 miles in five days. Day three was only 150 miles though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
just figured out why my fuse box door wouldn't close. and now it wont kick over again. gonna try and do this cruise tomorrow then drop it to my mechanic to get everything looked at. im due for a rotation and alignment anyway.

DELETE

Autocross Champion
I just got home from our Acadia vacation. Maine was amazing! Thank you, Will, for the help. Appreesh. It ended up being 2750 miles in five days. Day three was only 150 miles though.

She was a good girl [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Phur

Autocross Champion
She was a good girl [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Indeed she was. It amazes me how comfortable it is for long drives. My only complaint is when the car gets a bit too comfortable driving 80+ mph for hours on end. It acts a bit like it doesn’t know how to handle the stop and go of in city driving. They can get a bit rough at the takeoff. This isn’t my imagination... right? (I have the DSG.)

pdan

Ready to race!
Finally found some time to wash and clean up some things. Trying to get my exhaust tips a little cleaner.

Picked it up used a few weeks ago, and after a little bit of never dull and a lot of elbow grease they look a little better. Still not great, but way better than they used to look.

DELETE

Autocross Champion
Got my winter set up balanced as I put new studded generals on the fronts. Plasti dipped them red with gold flakes and when I have time throw a couple gloss coats over it all. Pretty sexy. I’ll post pics when they’re all set.

DELETE

Autocross Champion
Loaded it with my Halloween mask lol

Yes youngsters that’s a cd holder underneath it that’s what we old guys used to hold our hundreds of cd’s used for music when I was still cool! Jk...I was never cool hahaha