GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

pdan

Ready to race!
Dropped the car off to get the new clutch installed. Can’t wait till it’s in and see what it can handle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pdan

Ready to race!
Priming my lower grille insert, preparing to body-match it candy white.

I'm also trying some patchwork on my main bumper while I've got it off, but I'm a little iffy about how that's coming out.

How much of a pain was it to get that off?? I’ve been thinking about going color matched CW with mine as well. I think riceburner took the whole thing apart and wrapped it, idk if I’m up for all that, I see too many broken clips in my future.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
How much of a pain was it to get that off?? I’ve been thinking about going color matched CW with mine as well. I think riceburner took the whole thing apart and wrapped it, idk if I’m up for all that, I see too many broken clips in my future.

I managed to take mine out without breaking any clips, and I usually break things. The hardest part is just getting started, but once you get a couple clips going you just push the clips out 1 at a time, just take your time and work your way around. Putting it back together is a piece of cake.

pdan

Ready to race!
Dunno if it's too late but there's a revised throwout bearing that's all metal instead of that plastic arm.

Ouch lol. I’m assuming my mechanic is elbow deep in her innards by now. Thanks for the updated info though, I will keep it in mind if there are issues down the road. I just ordered it last week, I would have though it would have come with the most updated version.

pdan

Ready to race!
I managed to take mine out without breaking any clips, and I usually break things. The hardest part is just getting started, but once you get a couple clips going you just push the clips out 1 at a time, just take your time and work your way around. Putting it back together is a piece of cake.

Gonna take a lot of patience, maybe I’ll attempt it someday.

pdan

Ready to race!
ECS gonna ECS

Lol yeah. I try to avoid it if I can, but the shop I’m getting the work done had an account with them.

BroMoney

Passed Driver's Ed
Busy day for the car yesterday. Car is officially 4 years old so I replaced the windshield wipers (last change 3 yrs), new cabin air filter, new NGK plugs, audi r8 coils, cleaned out my modshack intake (it was filthy but I didn't have a filter cleaning kit so I used compressed air), and put in a Cobb Stage 1+ tune!! Just ordered a stratified flash tune to go with it.

Unfortunately when I had the car in the garage to do work I noticed it's leaking oil (last oil change was end of June at the dealer) and leaking windshield wiper fluid. Dipstick showed normal oil but I filled it up with some Castrol just in case the leak gets worse. It's a slow leak but I'm surprised I still have enough oil. Need to get into the dealer this week asap.

1) Oil leak caused by a bad crush washer so they replaced.
2) They reattached the Windshield Washer Reservoir and claimed that they "couldn't replicate the issue", however it's still leaking.
3) They quoted me $300+ to fix my rear windshield hose which is allegedly ripped and causes fluid to leak into my trunk if I use the rear windshield washer. The quote involved 1.5 Hrs of labor & $125 in parts and being that my car is out of warranty they wouldn't goodwill it. Reading about this issue on the forum its a 15-60 minute job and $20 in parts. Glad I was educated enough to say no. They also left most of my rear hatch trim unsnapped in which was VERY annoying.

tl;dr: Last time going to the dealer. Wasted four hours of my time and they only fixed an issue that they caused. Time to find a good independent shop in Astoria.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
i'd have taken it back and insist on standing there to watch them return the car in as-found condition. might get some wiggleroom with VWoA if you have pics of how they left it for you.

Lazer 100

Ready to race!
Ouch lol. I’m assuming my mechanic is elbow deep in her innards by now. Thanks for the updated info though, I will keep it in mind if there are issues down the road. I just ordered it last week, I would have though it would have come with the most updated version.

Clutch masters makes an upgraded unit for both the single and dual mass. The slave that came with my stage II endurance from Southbend/ECS is still holding up after a couple of years though. I wouldn’t bother with it unless you have a few extra $$ laying around.

Lazer 100

Ready to race!
1) Oil leak caused by a bad crush washer so they replaced.

2) They reattached the Windshield Washer Reservoir and claimed that they "couldn't replicate the issue", however it's still leaking.

3) They quoted me $300+ to fix my rear windshield hose which is allegedly ripped and causes fluid to leak into my trunk if I use the rear windshield washer. The quote involved 1.5 Hrs of labor & $125 in parts and being that my car is out of warranty they wouldn't goodwill it. Reading about this issue on the forum its a 15-60 minute job and $20 in parts. Glad I was educated enough to say no. They also left most of my rear hatch trim unsnapped in which was VERY annoying.

tl;dr: Last time going to the dealer. Wasted four hours of my time and they only fixed an issue that they caused. Time to find a good independent shop in Astoria.

If it’s leaking in the trunk it can’t be that hard to get to. You can probably replace it with hardware store parts for like $10 unless it’s an actual fitting or valve.