GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

pdan

Ready to race!
I used it on a spoiler with my mk4 and didn't have a problem. My sideskirts use it too, but at the same time they're screwed on and I have the retainers installed too. Last week I had to remove one of the side skirts and it was a real bitch to get off. It took me a good 30-45 minutes to remove it after experimenting with different techniques lol

I tried to remove it quickly once at my painters shop once and as soon as I started tugging on it was just like nope, not gonna happen. I removed the screws when I did that and never bothered to reinstall them and that was 2-3 months ago.

It's pretty strong shit, but it needs a good surface to stick to. There was no way I could have just pulled the skirt off. If I would have pulled on it with no mercy I'm 99% sure I would have just bent the sideskirt before it came off. I had to push a metal card in between the tape and the skirt to push the tape off.

Huh, wow. Didn’t realize it was that strong. Guess I’ll have to give it a try when I get around to ordering side skirts and a spoiler. Still gonna be super nervous about the spoiler flying off for the first 100 miles or so lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phur

Autocross Champion
If i told you your wheels look like schlongs... would that blow your mind or are you already aware of this?

I was told the very first time that I posted on here. [emoji23]

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I was told the very first time that I posted on here. [emoji23]

I feel like this was me

Phur

Autocross Champion
Yep, it was you. [emoji16]

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Just picked up a used IE intercooler for $660 shipped, hoping i'm not getting scammed and it has all the hardware like he said it did since that's a good price.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
If i told you your wheels look like schlongs... would that blow your mind or are you already aware of this?

Chevy saw those and said "we could make a better dick"

pdan

Ready to race!
Does no one remember Clarkson’s wheels??

Phur

Autocross Champion

pdan

Ready to race!
Holy balls, how do you guys who have always lived in cold climates get under and work on the car outside when it’s 40 degrees outside?? Or do you just not, unless it’s in a garage?? Need to re-attach my front lip, figured out apparently I need to remove the OEM front splash guard....who knew it wasn’t just 4 bolts into existing holes. Of which I only put in 3.....

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Holy balls, how do you guys who have always lived in cold climates get under and work on the car outside when it’s 40 degrees outside?? Or do you just not, unless it’s in a garage?? Need to re-attach my front lip, figured out apparently I need to remove the OEM front splash guard....who knew it wasn’t just 4 bolts into existing holes. Of which I only put in 3.....

one of the motives for me to move out of this condo and into a single family with a garage is this... so i can wrench whenever i want.

Phur

Autocross Champion
I know that I don’t live in Alaska or anything, but it can still get quite cold down here... Really nice thermals. I still go out and hand wash my car as long as the hose is not frozen.

I cannot justify buying another house or building a garage. It just does not make fiscal sense, we paid our house off five years ago. We plan to move away in a few years. When I do, a REALLY nice garage is an absolute must. I should be able to do a full detail at 10:00 at night in January if I feel like it.