GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
Lol salty? You got a performance tune that will turn up the intensity. Not comfort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would be salty if I couldn't get my $ back.
APRs dsg tune is too agressive. Good thing there are other options available.

Sent from my Pixel 2

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Good thing there are other options available.

I don't have a DSG but if you wanted to drive a Uni GTI mine is available. Not that VA is close to Delaware but maybe you are close to the Eastern Shore. Just throwing it out there. I love my Unitronic tune and they were super helpful when I was having computer issues.

pdan

Ready to race!
After trying to drill out that stupid pendulum mount bolt myself last night, admitted defeat and took it to a shop. They were able to get it out, said it didn’t seem cross threaded. Said maybe it was just a bad bolt, or I think a spline way up in the hole. Not sure if someone screwed up when putting my clutch in. Also, for anyone with an APR pendulum mount, I don’t understand if it’s suppose to sit flush with the hole on the bolt closest to the front. I’ll have to get another picture, but there’s an inch gap or so between the mount and the casing. They just put 2 nuts on it to sure it up.

pdan

Ready to race!
Not sure if I got the wrong mount, because the one I have is curved slightly, looks like in the picture it’s just straight across

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
I don't have a DSG but if you wanted to drive a Uni GTI mine is available. Not that VA is close to Delaware but maybe you are close to the Eastern Shore. Just throwing it out there. I love my Unitronic tune and they were super helpful when I was having computer issues.
Thanks for the offer I have a friend that's got a 2014 GLI with the gen3 e888 . Unitronic stage 1+ ECU and dsg tune I'll go drive it tomorrow and see. How I like it.

I had a mk4 gti with a unitronic years ago and that car didn't disappoint .

Ended up going with APR when I bought the car because the dealer offered to throw in the free tune . I have had the ECU tune for 5years and have been happy . But I wanted to see how the dsg tune would be .

Sent from my Pixel 2

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
It looks like the curved ones might be for audis. It should definitely be flush.

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
Put in my 034 motorsports dogbone billet arm, dogbone lower and upper inserts. Engine mount and trans mount. Took me about 3.5hours (1st time) shop quoted me $850 in labor so i saved 850 bucks.

Edit: getting engine/trans side aligned for mounts was a pain. Used a pry bar while 1 handed ratcheting.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Set out do do a few things to my car on Saturday. Started by replacing the PCV diaphragm with the RXK one, easy enough. Then went to raise the rear coils a bit. Couldn't find the hex but for my ratchet so I trued just using an allen wrench but it really didn't want to move. Then I couldn't find my pb blaster so I just gave up on it before I stripped it out and made it worse. Tried to roll my front fenders since they are severely fucked. First time I tried the roller wouldn't fit over my studs so I pulled the studs out. Lugs didn't fit through the roller. At least I got my diaphragm changed.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
sparkies changed...#3 was covered in soot.. coil had copious amounts of carbon/soot? will post pics soon as I shrink them. Car likie the new sparkies!

Francoleon91

Autocross Newbie
Set out do do a few things to my car on Saturday. Started by replacing the PCV diaphragm with the RXK one, easy enough. Then went to raise the rear coils a bit. Couldn't find the hex but for my ratchet so I trued just using an allen wrench but it really didn't want to move. Then I couldn't find my pb blaster so I just gave up on it before I stripped it out and made it worse. Tried to roll my front fenders since they are severely fucked. First time I tried the roller wouldn't fit over my studs so I pulled the studs out. Lugs didn't fit through the roller. At least I got my diaphragm changed.

ugh u have the worst luck...:(

smanierre

Autocross Champion

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Saturday I gave it a wash. Applied some Carpro Reload to try and refresh my ceramic coating. Not really that impressed with the ceramic coating 7 months later. I don't feel like the carpro reload really refreshes the coating. I feel like it's just adding it's own layer of protection. Not that that's a bad thing, but it makes me think I should have skipped the coating and just used carpro reload after every wash.

Sunday I did an oil change. Feels like it's been a long time since I've done of those one myself. Between having my mechanic doing it most of the time and now only doing 5k miles a year instead of 12k...it's been a minute.

I fixed the issue I was having with my V1 radar detector too. I've been blowing fuses like crazy, so I finally disconnected everything and redid the hardwiring. I went from the normal size add a fuse kit to a mini and redid how the wires were connected. I've started my car about 20 times probably and so far I haven't blown a fuse. It was literally every time I started my car I would blow that fuse previously.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Saturday I gave it a wash. Applied some Carpro Reload to try and refresh my ceramic coating. Not really that impressed with the ceramic coating 7 months later. I don't feel like the carpro reload really refreshes the coating. I feel like it's just adding it's own layer of protection. Not that that's a bad thing, but it makes me think I should have skipped the coating and just used carpro reload after every wash.

Sunday I did an oil change. Feels like it's been a long time since I've done of those one myself. Between having my mechanic doing it most of the time and now only doing 5k miles a year instead of 12k...it's been a minute.

I fixed the issue I was having with my V1 radar detector too. I've been blowing fuses like crazy, so I finally disconnected everything and redid the hardwiring. I went from the normal size add a fuse kit to a mini and redid how the wires were connected. I've started my car about 20 times probably and so far I haven't blown a fuse. It was literally every time I started my car I would blow that fuse previously.

im gonna ask the obvious here - what fuse were you tapping? what size fuse did you have in there to cover the V1's draw?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
im gonna ask the obvious here - what fuse were you tapping? what size fuse did you have in there to cover the V1's draw?

I tried a bunch, even the ones with the lowest amps. They all blew fuses almost immediately. The add-a-fuse fuse taps let you retain the original fuse, but you can add another one and use the size fuse you want. So if I had it in a 20amp the valentine was bypassing that and using the 2amp I had installed.

Now I'm using a mini add-a-fuse instead, but it's not a spot where a fuse already was. It was just a blank spot that still has power to it. Now I've got my radar and my dashcams being powered by the same fuse.

The v1 had 2 2A fuses on it and which would blow was always random.