GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

torga

Autocross Champion
i hate to break it to you but i do not think that bumper conversion above the DP will work out... but worth a try, i'll hold some crystals when you try to install it, lmk.
That one's for my Celica ;)

torga

Autocross Champion
Installed the APR DP today. Very easy install, fit like a dream. Excellent piece of hardware.

pdan

Ready to race!
Installed the APR DP today. Very easy install, fit like a dream. Excellent piece of hardware.

Nice, putting a DP in is a huge difference, loved the car so much more after that. Do you know if the DP design always the same with APR, or did it change like the cat back??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

torga

Autocross Champion
Nice, putting a DP in is a huge difference, loved the car so much more after that. Do you know if the DP design always the same with APR, or did it change like the cat back??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am unsure, to be honest. Not sure what they had back when the Mk6 first came out, but this one seems like a new revision, since the turbo-side of the downpipe is cast. I feel like I've seen some APR downpipes for the Mk6 on Craigslist or FB marketplace that weren't cast.
The sound is terrific. Can't wait to hit up my tuner tomorrow and get the Stage 2 software.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Adjusted my rear suspension on saturday. Raised the car up slightly (~1/2") and got the preload correctly set. My rear drivers strut had so much shit in the threads that I couldn't adjust the height of it so I had to adjust the height of the car to the strut instead of the other way around. Gonna do the fronts hopefully this weekend then i'll be ready for my passat LCAs and ALK and front control arm bushings.

torga

Autocross Champion
Adjusted my rear suspension on saturday. Raised the car up slightly (~1/2") and got the preload correctly set. My rear drivers strut had so much shit in the threads that I couldn't adjust the height of it so I had to adjust the height of the car to the strut instead of the other way around. Gonna do the fronts hopefully this weekend then i'll be ready for my passat LCAs and ALK and front control arm bushings.
Maybe clean out the threads and put a layer of gaff tape over the threads? Or a lot of lube? To prevent debris in the threads in the future. :iono:

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Maybe clean out the threads and put a layer of gaff tape over the threads? Or a lot of lube? To prevent debris in the threads in the future. :iono:

I had the covers over them and all the threads that were exposed(labelled as 1 in the photo) were near spotless, it was just the threads that were covered (labelled 2) by both the neoprene cover and the metal that were so gunked up I couldn't even expose any of them to clean. I even sprayed a ton of PB blaster and banged them with a hammer.

torga

Autocross Champion
I had the covers over them and all the threads that were exposed(labelled as 1 in the photo) were near spotless, it was just the threads that were covered (labelled 2) by both the neoprene cover and the metal that were so gunked up I couldn't even expose any of them to clean. I even sprayed a ton of PB blaster and banged them with a hammer.

How do you mean you adjusted car height to strut?

smanierre

Autocross Champion
How do you mean you adjusted car height to strut?

Instead of setting the spring to the height I wanted, then adjusting the strut length to the proper preload, I left the strut length the same, then adjusted the spring to where it would have the proper preload and the strut would be the correct length, then just set the other side the same

torga

Autocross Champion
Instead of setting the spring to the height I wanted, then adjusting the strut length to the proper preload, I left the strut length the same, then adjusted the spring to where it would have the proper preload and the strut would be the correct length, then just set the other side the same
I gotcha, thanks for the description.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
I gotcha, thanks for the description.

NP, i'll probably go back at some point and try to break it free. Maybe heat? Idk if that's safe though since it says there's compressed gas in there. I kinda just really hate suspension stuff.

torga

Autocross Champion
NP, i'll probably go back at some point and try to break it free. Maybe heat? Idk if that's safe though since it says there's compressed gas in there. I kinda just really hate suspension stuff.
Suspension was was basically all I did to my Celica, since anything short of an engine swap was pointless for that car.
Can confirm, suspension stuff can really suck sometimes.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
simple oil change for me...

but here's where i got upset. Went to Mid-town VW to get an OEM oil filter as I was in Scarborough...usually buy from Owasco or Martingrove. Dude rings up $25 + tx.. ??!!! Pardon??? I usually buy it for 16 or 17 depending.. he shows me where the price basically rose from 16.99 to 18.99 to 24.99 for 2019...offers by 20% discount but WOW... call the other VW locations and their prices haven't changed.
Gotta wonder who's setting the prices ...do you folks who buy parts from VW shop for prices?
Yes.. i usually shop Rockauto.com or similar but for a 1 off OEM filter this is the first time I've had sticker shock...

Oh and I washed all the bug splat off the front fender/grill/fog lights. Hate driving at night for that reason during S/Su/F.. Whole car is CW again instead of muted white.

ChrisAttebery

Drag Racing Champion
I worked in auto parts stores in high school and college. Here’s a trade secret. There’s nothing magic about OEM filters ( actually most parts ). They are typically made by the lowest bidder.

I usually buy Microguard filters at Oreilly’s unless something else is on sale for less.