GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
Looks like you need an RCD 330 :D

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Oh yea might need to get that also. Does it push on the dash much or at all?

The fit is very snug but everything lines up beautifully. No pushing on the dash. I did break a clip removing the trim piece but it is still solid and tight. I got it on sale for $36 from ECS.

I am going to add a pop socket holder to it so that I can swap between my actual phone and the phone pictured which is only for OBD11. Now I can data log like a boss :cool:

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Looks like you need an RCD 330 :D

RCD 330 would be nice and with that I probably wouldn't need the mount since with CarPlay I can just put my phone away. I haven't decided if I want to go upgraded OEM or aftermarket yet and there are so many other things on the mod list.

Everything gets put into K04 units lol. Would love air suspension but that's 1KO4 unit plus some. Coilovers are 1/2 a K04 depending on brand.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
RCD 330 would be nice and with that I probably wouldn't need the mount since with CarPlay I can just put my phone away. I haven't decided if I want to go upgraded OEM or aftermarket yet and there are so many other things on the mod list.

Everything gets put into K04 units lol. Would love air suspension but that's 1KO4 unit plus some. Coilovers are 1/2 a K04 depending on brand.

Priorities lol... I don't know what unit I have but the media cable and console is garbage. You couldn't fit a man size phone in there. I was thinking a charging pad would be cool, or the double apex usb plug setup.

wmssbr10

Passed Driver's Ed

I have the RCD 330 and still use the Rennline. Bought a 1' cable so it looks pretty clean when plugged in.

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
Priorities lol... I don't know what unit I have but the media cable and console is garbage. You couldn't fit a man size phone in there. I was thinking a charging pad would be cool, or the double apex usb plug setup.
The double apex quick charger is very nice. Big fan.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
You couldn't fit a man size phone in there.
out of curiousity, does your phone fit in your pants pocket or do you carry it in a shoulder bag?

kidding aside, you're not wrong about the pocket being underwhelming. i remvoed the insert and replaced with a bigger pocket/insert. im sure you could do the same and drill a hole if you wanted to stow your phone out of sight and run a cable to the radio or whatever.

doubleapex makes nice stuff. i almost got some of their stuff a few years back but as i add things to my list they lost their priority... might be time to revisit that.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
I have the RCD 330 and still use the Rennline. Bought a 1' cable so it looks pretty clean when plugged in.

Every time I use the CarPlay in the Jetta it makes me want it. I’ll probably end up just going RCD330.

The Double Apex stuff is really nice but pricey IMO. I went AliExpress and ordered a USB and Aux (to relocate my current one) and cost me like $20.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
out of curiousity, does your phone fit in your pants pocket or do you carry it in a shoulder bag?

kidding aside, you're not wrong about the pocket being underwhelming. i remvoed the insert and replaced with a bigger pocket/insert. im sure you could do the same and drill a hole if you wanted to stow your phone out of sight and run a cable to the radio or whatever.

doubleapex makes nice stuff. i almost got some of their stuff a few years back but as i add things to my list they lost their priority... might be time to revisit that.

1575659561462.png

Maybe I should get a thule phone rack lol. Does that compartment just pop out with some standard radio keys? Or is that what those little slots are even for?

Last edited:

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Every time I use the CarPlay in the Jetta it makes me want it. I’ll probably end up just going RCD330.

The Double Apex stuff is really nice but pricey IMO. I went AliExpress and ordered a USB and Aux (to relocate my current one) and cost me like $20.
if carplay is that important in an head unit then yeah RCD330 is your huckleberry.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
View attachment 160954

Maybe I should get a thule phone rack lol. Does that compartment just pop out with some standard radio keys? Or is that what those little slots are even for?
only if you think it will be enough for your phone.

yeah radio keys will get it out. the other end of the plug has only a bit of slack so be ready with a flathead to undo that connector.

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
if carplay is that important in an head unit then yeah RCD330 is your huckleberry.
Car play, android auto and a pretty legit USB port are all pluses. Sound quality is a negative.

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion

GolNat

Autocross Champion