GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
The kinked accordian coupler is not causing those issues.

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
The kinked accordian coupler is not causing those issues.

Plugs, coils, and PCV stuff are on the way already. The coupler's not seated quite right so I am hoping that a shorter one will clean that up.

If the above + redoing the intake work doesn't solve it I'll get under the car and have a look around.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Right on brudda

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
clean you MAF sensor while youre at it

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
clean you MAF sensor while youre at it

Think I still have some cleaner lying around, need to dig through the basement. Your thought here being that maybe the MAF is reading low but within expected values, causing Lean mixture without a direct MAF code?

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
Think I still have some cleaner lying around, need to dig through the basement. Your thought here being that maybe the MAF is reading low but within expected values, causing Lean mixture without a direct MAF code?
The MAFs on these cars are incredibly sensitive. The p2177 code is definitely a leak somewhere or the MAF acting up. The other issue it could be is the air in your intake is too turbulent. Which intake do you have again?

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
The MAFs on these cars are incredibly sensitive. The p2177 code is definitely a leak somewhere or the MAF acting up. The other issue it could be is the air in your intake is too turbulent. Which intake do you have again?

Carbonio in to a USP stg2 pipe.

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
I haven't heard of the Carbonio causing these problems, so it's likely on of the other things we've discussed. Keep us posted. Sorry this has been such a pita for you. You've had the worst luck I've seen on such a minor job.

Gr8N0rthW0lf

Go Kart Champion
Found a good price on an S3 shifter and 42DD bushings (cable and bracket) so I'll likely be putting an order this week. Just waiting to hear back if they can also source me an R32 belly pan

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Not as exciting as other posts but pulled the car out of the garage after work, to turn it around for better engine bay lighting when the parts get it. She stalled on me as I went to lightly travel the last couple of feet. It felt just like when the car stalled on my test drive, so I'm hopeful that's a good sign of packs and plugs being the issue.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Do a once over on the coil pack harness as well. If there is any damage to it, could cause multiple misfires.

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
Do a once over on the coil pack harness as well. If there is any damage to it, could cause multiple misfires.
It's the 2177 code that I find interesting. Everything else sounds like coils and plugs. 2177 is not though.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
What about the fuel filter?

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Im waiting for my new rotors and lines so in the mean time I finally got around to installing my backup camera. Literally bought this thing years ago and never installed it so im glad I got that done. All thats left is I have to enable it via vagcom. Here are a few pics during install: