GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Actually, the most ridiculous thing about the STI was the salesman didn't want to let me test drive it. They act like it's a freaking Lambo or something.

synthetikv

Ready to race!
Actually, the most ridiculous thing about the STI was the salesman didn't want to let me test drive it. They act like it's a freaking Lambo or something.

Jesus, 8 years I brought my 2.5l Jetta into vw for service. I was looking at a gti when my salesman came up to me with the keys and said "take of for a drive, there's an empty road that never has cops about a mile that way, go have fun." A week later he sold me a car.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Yeah the dealers are big on that. Same with the Veloster N i hear as well. Meanwhile I had no problem getting the VW dealer to call me for a test drive when an R came in.

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
I mean....there's a reason they're rated as one of the most expensive cars to insure haha. Source and Source

The target demographic is quite impulsive/reckless. But shout out to the GTI at #3 lmao

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
because the 16 year old fanboys will just come test it out and not buy it.

DJMmk6GTI

Installed a rear sway bar I picked up from the forums and a new oil catch can. I didn’t wanna pay for new end links so I just kept the stock ones. Have yet to take the car out and feel the handling difference, can’t wait to try it out though!
C27BFEF9-81AD-40F5-9C9B-0C82039D2810.jpeg
31B75C1E-4292-40A0-8FB0-1689B0CB72EE.jpeg

DJMmk6GTI

Cool. 22mm or 24mm? Soft Or hard?
I believe it’s a 24 mm idk I can’t find the part number on the internet but it’s pretty thick, I installed it on the softer setting. Idk if I wanted to go all the way on ride stiffness just yet. But I took it out earlier today and the ride is way better, I have a lot more confidence in my turns

Gr8N0rthW0lf

Go Kart Champion
Working on a bit of a custom paint project using dupli-color candy white and black magic. I'm redoing the red stripes in white and then will do the GTI in black. For the front emblem I've done full layering in white to get the W white, but will be painting the rest black tomorrow. Then clear coats for both emblems and mount everything back on along with my rear badge white inlay. I think it's going to look really sharp once finished
1590025765609.png

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Working on a bit of a custom paint project using dupli-color candy white and black magic. I'm redoing the red stripes in white and then will do the GTI in black. For the front emblem I've done full layering in white to get the W white, but will be painting the rest black tomorrow. Then clear coats for both emblems and mount everything back on along with my rear badge white inlay. I think it's going to look really sharp once finishedView attachment 174018

I need to do this. I used plasti-dip cause I'm 1/8th ricer but I'd like to go back and actually use paint.

Gr8N0rthW0lf

Go Kart Champion
I need to do this. I used plasti-dip cause I'm 1/8th ricer but I'd like to go back and actually use paint.
I figured I'd just end up hating myself and wanting to properly paint it eventually anyways, thought I'd save the trouble and do it once. Also very glad I bought new emblems to do this as I broke 2 tabs and bent another on the rear while removing it, and broke on of the brackets on the front. What a PITA getting them off

GolNat

Autocross Champion
I figured I'd just end up hating myself and wanting to properly paint it eventually anyways, thought I'd save the trouble and do it once. Also very glad I bought new emblems to do this as I broke 2 tabs and bent another on the rear while removing it, and broke on of the brackets on the front. What a PITA getting them off

Yeah I attempted to remove my rear one but it was not budging and I didn't want to break it so I dipped it on the car. I'll consider buying a replacement and going that route (y)

Gr8N0rthW0lf

Go Kart Champion
Yeah I attempted to remove my rear one but it was not budging and I didn't want to break it so I dipped it on the car. I'll consider buying a replacement and going that route (y)
Ya I tried to be as careful as I could, used every trick from people's DIYs, and still no luck. I feel like if it was done on a newer car or one from a warmer climate probably not as bad. 10 hear old car from the harsh climate of Ottawa, not so lucky

brat_burner

Autocross Champion

Pulling the rear one without breaking any tabs or cracking it is about impossible. New ones are kinda pricey... In for pics. I pulled my front grill off and was going to pull the red strips out to paint but aborted that idea.

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
Pulling the rear one without breaking any tabs or cracking it is about impossible. New ones are kinda pricey... In for pics. I pulled my front grill off and was going to pull the red strips out to paint but aborted that idea.
I actually got the back one off with no problems. The front one is stupid hard to remove.