GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
I have some rust bubbling on the rear quarter panels. I guess I should inquire about the rust warranty

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I have some rust bubbling on the rear quarter panels. I guess I should inquire about the rust warranty
I think it need to be through the panel entirely?

Gr8N0rthW0lf

Go Kart Champion
I think it need to be through the panel entirely?
My doors just had some rust bubbling around the handles, and the quarter panel was the smallest little spot where the panels meet behind the rear wheels - not even close to rusting through. I hadn't even inquired about the quarter panel when I brought it in for pictures, but the guy submitted it for me. I feel like it's pretty subjective depending on dealer you go to. I also feel like they're a little easier on Canadians given our climate

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
The mail came:

YOU BOYS SAY YOU LIKE TO GO LOW?

...Well then these arent the coil overs for you. H&Rs provide only modest drop.

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
There’s an unfortunate drop of fresh coolant on my garage floor from around the front of the engine closer to the passenger side than not. Better to find it here than at the track.

I guess this can be my excuse to do a complete coolant system overhaul. Radiator, hoses, pump.... and maybe a Golf R intercooler while I’m in there.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Am I crazy or is that cat? At first I ordered a catless downpipe and changed my mind and wanted a cat but they said they were out of stock. I went ahead with the catless but just received this. View attachment 211838
I'm an idiot and missed the bottom part and only saw the box and was thinking everyone else was dumb because they didn't know what a flex pipe was.

GolNat

Autocross Champion

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
That’s the GTI life. $100 part and few hours labor turns into $400 and a Saturday.
What’s funny is that I have a thought rattling around in my head that it would probably be easier to do the clutch and rear main seal with the front bumper and cooling stack removed. Normally it wouldn’t be worth the effort to pull all that out to remove the transmission... but if it’s coming out anyway.....

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
What’s funny is that I have a thought rattling around in my head that it would probably be easier to do the clutch and rear main seal with the front bumper and cooling stack removed. Normally it wouldn’t be worth the effort to pull all that out to remove the transmission... but if it has to come out anyway.....
It wouldn't make removing the trans any easier unfortunately. Only thing in front you have to remove is the charge pipe and there's plenty of clearance after that.

If you're looking for an excuse to upgrade your radiator and intercooler then by all means use that as an excuse 😜

I'll even send your wife a certified letter telling her your car will blow up if you don't upgrade those at the same time 🤷‍♂️

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
It wouldn't make removing the trans any easier unfortunately. Only thing in front you have to remove is the charge pipe and there's plenty of clearance after that.

If you're looking for an excuse to upgrade your radiator and intercooler then by all means use that as an excuse 😜

I'll even send your wife a certified letter telling her your car will blow up if you don't upgrade those at the same time 🤷‍♂️
Awwww shit, you got an ASE stamp or something?

I was also thinking about pulling the intake manifold for a valve cleaning, so yanking the charge pipe shouldn’t be any big inconvenience.

With the speed that I do my projects my car is about to be down for at least a year.

Phur

Autocross Champion

About those letters...
😏