What did you do to your MK6 today?

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

vdubnick

Drag Racing Champion
^ brown eye

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
Charged my battery and thinking about selling my used MIB2 PQ for $250, that I got recently.

Has occasional pops through speaker's only when car is turned off had the settings looked over with vcds by another individual thats been retrofitting Mib2 for a while, all the settings were correct . He thinks the radio might have a built in amp issue, but isnt 100% certain. He told me to either live the occasional pops or replace the radio .
But because I'm very ocd about this car I will be buying another MIB2.

The non navigation units can go between 1000-1300 depending on the seller. I paid $400 for the current unit. Bought it from another member on here. Unfortunately for the replacement I'll be paying full price.

I'll include the harness and usb adapter for Android auto/ car play. PM me if interested.
I'm still waiting for the replacement unit so it could be a couple weeks before I sell this one.

vdubnick

Drag Racing Champion
yeah, ive been meaning to change the cabin filter for 20k miles or so. lol not sure how dirty it even is.

Maxey

Ready to race!
Forgot to mention -- I work on the road, and am only home on the weekends, so time to get things done is limited to say the least. I had the wheels and tires installed at the only VW dealer in western N. Dakota (in Bismarck), which is a 100 mile drive from where I live. I also have an e-mtb that was starting to creak from somewhere down below, but wasn't sure if it was drivetrain or suspension related, so brought it to my favorite bike mechanic, also in Bismarck. Long story short, I had to stuff four 17' wheels, four tires (unmounted) and the MTB into the Golf. So I loaded the wheels first, then added a layer of tires on top of them, pulled both wheels off the bike, and laid the frame on top of the tires. All the overflow went on the front seat.

Sorry about the glare. Looking in through the rear hatch:
IMG_2793.jpg

From the open driver's door:
IMG_2794.jpg

The overflow:
IMG_2795.jpg

Gotta love black interiors. Some of the light-colored upper trim got a little dirty, but cleaned right off with a wet towel.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
I had a friend who used to transport bags of concrete in his rabbit and off-road it in fields from time to time and last I heard it was at 200k miles with like no maintenance. They are tough cars

Maxey

Ready to race!
I had a friend who used to transport bags of concrete in his rabbit and off-road it in fields from time to time and last I heard it was at 200k miles with like no maintenance. They are tough cars
That's what I like to hear! It's a crying shame more people in the U.S. never really appreciated these great little cars. Anyways, I don't really intend to use it as a workhorse carrying heavy loads, but's it's nice to know it'll do it in pinch.

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
Tooks some pics 🙂

Attachments

• PXL_20210522_192615794~2.jpg
    PXL_20210522_192615794~2.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 112
  • PXL_20210522_192542606~2.jpg
    PXL_20210522_192542606~2.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 110