GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Chisel_86

Drag Racing Champion
Changed up the wheels this weekend. 18x8et44 Beetle Dune special edition "Canyon" wheels and new Conti DWS06 Plus (225/40/18). I really like the flush fitment and the multi-spoke style. I don’t think they’re any lighter than the Detroits, but I think they look really good.

IMG_6761.jpeg
IMG_6762.jpeg
IMG_6778.jpeg

Last edited:

Knotical

Drag Racing Champion

Cwmk6

Passed Driver's Ed
Bosch coils, NGK Laser Platinum plugs, Redline MTL, oil change w/ Mann filter and a quart of Lucas Pure Synthetic. I gotta say the MTL made my tranny much smoother, less whine, less crunchy. My engine feels smoother too, I went almost 6k miles on my last oil change, I usually go 4k. I got MOOG front endlinks but I had to order a 6mm triple square socket first.

Cal2000

Go Kart Champion
Bosch coils, NGK Laser Platinum plugs, Redline MTL, oil change w/ Mann filter and a quart of Lucas Pure Synthetic. I gotta say the MTL made my tranny much smoother, less whine, less crunchy. My engine feels smoother too, I went almost 6k miles on my last oil change, I usually go 4k. I got MOOG front endlinks but I had to order a 6mm triple square socket first.
Are you planning to do any suspension refresh? Mine is MY13. Trying to determine what needs to be refreshed.

zrickety

The Fixer
Did you guys see ECS is offering lifetime warranty now? FCPeuro competition is good.

1690052441819.png

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Idk how it takes a lifetime to get your damn parts!!

blingdub

Go Kart Newbie
Did you guys see ECS is offering lifetime warranty now? FCPeuro competition is good.

View attachment 286670
the fine print is a bit more restrictive compared to FCPs. still pretty awesome though, considering how much stuff ECS sells.

i always thought that FCP could afford this because they only chose OE/OEM parts which are less likely to fail. they don't really have many cheaper options. however, with ECS, from a quick scan it does look it applies to almost everything.... they sell some really cheap knockoff parts....

Cole2999

Autocross Champion
the fine print is a bit more restrictive compared to FCPs. still pretty awesome though, considering how much stuff ECS sells.

i always thought that FCP could afford this because they only chose OE/OEM parts which are less likely to fail. they don't really have many cheaper options. however, with ECS, from a quick scan it does look it applies to almost everything.... they sell some really cheap knockoff parts....
Let's all buy cheap shit, break it, then slowly bankrupt ECS

Cole2999

Autocross Champion
Got my car back!
And it blew up! On the way home from the mechanic!
No, I'm not even joking. I was accelerating after a turn, there was a very loud gunshot, then my engine turns off. A couple seconds later, another gunshot.
Brb gotta go jump off a bridge.

Edit: I forwent the bridge and instead called my mechanic, who said it's likely charge pipes that blew off. Seeing as the ground is lava and the air is soup, I'm going to attempt a late night rescue🤞🤞

Update: confirmed it was the throttle pipe getting blown off the intercooler. I just jammed it back in and limped it home last night, but I'm worried it might've fucked up the seal when it blew. TBD when I try to properly clip it back in

Last edited: