GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
I think I'm at the part hoarding stage with my GTI. Bought a second pair of Euro Led Taillights from shopdap for 1,150😬 along with a Euro headlight switch with a trigger wire from ECS. Impossible to find New OEM Euro LED tail w/o fog lights . No one seems to wanna part with their used OEM set 🙁

Knotical

Drag Racing Champion
Drove it for the first time in 2 months. Got the parts for my upcoming project sorted and organized.

20230910_085559.jpg

blingdub

Go Kart Newbie
had some weird electrical issues past couple days. the ECU and head unit repeatedly lost their settings and reset. however, the battery was always strong enough to crank and start the car.

took it into advance today to get tested and the battery was faulty. luckily i had 3 months left on my 3 year warranty and so i got a free replacement. hoping the next one lasts longer... DieHard is misleading...for me it was more like DieSoft.

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
had some weird electrical issues past couple days. the ECU and head unit repeatedly lost their settings and reset. however, the battery was always strong enough to crank and start the car.

took it into advance today to get tested and the battery was faulty. luckily i had 3 months left on my 3 year warranty and so i got a free replacement. hoping the next one lasts longer... DieHard is misleading...for me it was more like DieSoft.
The interstate batteries that Costco sells are great. I just replaced my couple weeks ago. Lasted 5 years .

I probably could have driven with the old battery a bit longer. But decided to swap it out . Had a similar experience , car would crank on first attempt , but it if didn't drive it for a week all lights would come on . Had many no communication errors. Since I replaced the battery not a single issue

Last edited:

king1138

Go Kart Champion
My GTI this morning. Young high schooler who didn't even have her "card" drivers license, still driving on the paper copy.

Attachments

• PXL_20230911_132741292.jpg
    PXL_20230911_132741292.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 41
  • PXL_20230911_133439692.jpg
    PXL_20230911_133439692.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 38

Knotical

Drag Racing Champion
My GTI this morning. Young high schooler who didn't even have her "card" drivers license, still driving on the paper copy.
Hopefully it's just the bumper bar and plastics

Those C-pillars get expensive to repair if they're damaged

Knotical

Drag Racing Champion
Got tired of the super weak AC. Will be monitoring the pressures over the next few months, if there's a noticeable leak I'll dye it and fix it. Condenser was looking pretty rough.

Also knocked out the fuel filter

20230911_154257.jpg

Cwmk6

Passed Driver's Ed
Did some things. Black R style grille (no "R").
Gloss black mirror caps
New oem style headlights/foglights (halogen)
Supernova taillights red/clear
different shoes: mk7 18" Austins, continental extreme contact dws06
(might sell 19" talladegas/tires if interested) silver/procontact runflats
WeatherTech window visors
Moog front end links
used OEM crossbars
Did my first LiquiMoly oil change
Redine MTL
(some of these are overlap, but I've done all this in the last 2 months)

coming up: rear bumper protector

future blasphemy: front plate installation

clownish

just clowning around
The interstate batteries that Costco sells are great. I just replaced my couple weeks ago. Lasted 5 years .

I probably could have driven with the old battery a bit longer. But decided to swap it out . Had a similar experience , car would crank on first attempt , but it if didn't drive it for a week all lights would come on . Had many no communication errors. Since I replaced the battery not a single issue
Did you do the whole "recode for the new battery" thing through vagcom or anything?

edit: posted too soon. Bought a new set of Hankook RS4s... then promptly left to travel for a week. So they're stuck in the back of my truck while I'm gone and the whole garage is gunna smell amazing.

Knotical

Drag Racing Champion
Oil pressure gauge is in. Boost gauge will get wired up Friday or Saturday

IMG_20230913_154055_01.jpg

Changed my mind, I don't like this position after a short drive. Going with the CJM A-pillar mounts

Last edited:

Cal2000

Go Kart Champion
Did some things. Black R style grille (no "R").
Gloss black mirror caps
New oem style headlights/foglights (halogen)
Supernova taillights red/clear
different shoes: mk7 18" Austins, continental extreme contact dws06
(might sell 19" talladegas/tires if interested) silver/procontact runflats
WeatherTech window visors
Moog front end links
used OEM crossbars
Did my first LiquiMoly oil change
Redine MTL
(some of these are overlap, but I've done all this in the last 2 months)

coming up: rear bumper protector

future blasphemy: front plate installation
Nice. I love the Supernova taillights; they look awesome especially with the stage 2 wiring install. I love the fact that the turn signal lights are not segmented.

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
Did you do the whole "recode for the new battery" thing through vagcom or anything?

edit: posted too soon. Bought a new set of Hankook RS4s... then promptly left to travel for a week. So they're stuck in the back of my truck while I'm gone and the whole garage is gunna smell amazing.
On my car I never recoded the battery via vcds . This is the second time I used a interstate battery (lead acid)

Last edited: