GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
they are dog slow and boring. would not recommend. get a v6 Camry and call it a day.
Yeah it’s slow, but the power is adequate; 170 hp in a 3000 lb car is fine. I’m not going to use it all very often anyway as the car will mostly get used to take kids to school and medical appointments (the thing my GTI has screwed me on a few times now).

I had a V-6 Camry before we decided we wanted a minivan as a family vehicle and engine is a gem, but for my needs the extra power won’t get used and I don’t really want or need my second car to be that big.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Yeah it’s slow, but the power is adequate; 170 hp in a 3000 lb car is fine. I’m not going to use it all very often anyway as the car will mostly get used to take kids to school and medical appointments (the thing my GTI has screwed me on a few times now).

I had a V-6 Camry before we decided we wanted a minivan as a family vehicle and engine is a gem, but for my needs the extra power won’t get used and I don’t really want or need my second car to be that big.

Honda Fit…

GolNat

Autocross Champion

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion

170hp is plenty... mk6s started at around 200 so its really not that bad.

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
170hp is plenty... mk6s started at around 200 so its really not that bad.
Yeah it does 0-60 in 7.3 seconds. That’s certainly not fast but it’s more than adequate for the car’s intended use. We’re absolutely spoiled these days. When I was younger the idea that we could get 40+ mpg with a sub 8 second 0-60 time was ridiculous.

Depending on what my finances look like I have considered stretching for a new Civic Si. I do tend to keep my cars until they’ve become too expensive to keep on the road so it may be worth just spending the extra and getting something that comes with the manual gearbox I’d prefer to have. I’ve considered a new GTI but the interior turns me off.

I’ve been satisfied by my stock tune GTI for nearly 15 years so power isn’t my first priority. Besides, if I keep the GTI one of the early projects will probably be a K04 (so long as I get a good compression test)… which will absolutely be enough power to keep me happy.

Last edited:

DucMike

The place I ordered it from took care of everything prior to sending it out to me. The installation was plug and play.

EZT - Euro Zone Tuning out of CT is where I purchased it. They’re very helpful and responsive through their messaging system.
Gotcha. I've had this head unit since 2018-2019 (originally bought it for my '08 R32) and finally got around to putting it in my new ride. Everything seems to be working save for the lack of microphone (have to run wires from the old bluetooth module up to the deck harness) and get CP unlocked/removed. Things I'm finding say I may need to replace the gateway module with something never used in the states. Still researching that bit though. Only other option may be to see about putting it in a newer car to code it out, then swapping it back into my car afters.

clownish

just clowning around
Its not just the paper numbers, but also the feel of the trans and the reliability of the vehicle. I used to, and still would, daily an old 2006 camry with no options except for the upsized motor. It was a perfect daily until my wife totaled it. the hatch corollas that ive test driven didnt feel good, obviously its all subjective. and i daily a 4runner now which is also dead dog slow so maybe im just hating on yotas.

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
Gotcha. I've had this head unit since 2018-2019 (originally bought it for my '08 R32) and finally got around to putting it in my new ride. Everything seems to be working save for the lack of microphone (have to run wires from the old bluetooth module up to the deck harness) and get CP unlocked/removed. Things I'm finding say I may need to replace the gateway module with something never used in the states. Still researching that bit though. Only other option may be to see about putting it in a newer car to code it out, then swapping it back into my car afters.
I actually had them code the newer gateway module for me before they sent out the kit. They may be able to do the same for you. Good luck!

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion
Same bro... Never gonna sell it though.
SAMEEEE HERE MAN!!! N E V E R... GOING TO SELL IT. IDC WHAT IT DOES.... I'll leave it parked UNTIL I have the chance to get it fixed.

Buying another car is just a huge hassle. I'll put up with GTI PROBLEMS.....

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion
Best decision I made was moving the GTI to a none dependent car. Like you said allows for bigger projects and you don’t have to worry about it as much.

Get a Honda or Toyota for daily use and reduce your stress.
I will be doing that... Toyota for sure.

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion
Yeah. I retired my gti from daily use long time ago. Got a 21' Tacoma for the daily beater.
what!!! cool!! I'm looking at buying a Toyota Tundra 17' because of the V8 engine, I don't want v6 or v4 in a pick up truck... I don't think theres a v4 pick up truck? maybe? can't think of any.
I drove a Tundra 17' back in the days when I worked as a car parts delivery guy, it was fun! V8 power!!! I was the KING OF THE ROAD. Didn't care about the potholes. Went over curbs, it was stress free driving.

I will report back once I get the Toyota Tundra. It's in the works.