GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion
She said, "Do you looove me?"
I tell her, "Only partly... I only love my two GTIs I'm soorryyy"
lol!!! GTI 4 LIFE!!! I might buy the NEWER GTI's when I buy a house in Canada or maybe Texas... house prices in Canada suck just like the economy

fellas, if she doesn't like the GTI's, if she doesn't support the GTI's, she's not the one.

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
What kinda stuff?

clownish

just clowning around
a litany of assorted stuff - external trans cooler, parts for my ops, new engine mount, new fly wheel, new waterpump because i used a tfsi head - if anyone wants a ccta metal aftermarket water pump for 2.0t gen1 lemme know, some wiring, still to be ordered is some parts to fit my surge tank with ana fittings and fab it all in there. splurged on a nice little rennline battery holder.

stuff. lol

Cole2999

Autocross Champion
Car lost a liter of coolant that I filled yesterday. No problems until the light came on yesterday and in 24 hours it emptied to lower than it was. Likely a loose hose somewhere; I'll deal with it this weekend, my commute is >1mile.

@MrFancypants I absolutely recommend the Corolla hatchback. My friend has had one for 3 years now and enjoys the hell out of it. He has a Roar pedal that makes it a bit more lively, too. They're definitely not fast but they still get down, and they look good too. CHB all the way

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion
My INJEN air intake heat shield broke off.. It broke off the metal hinge and I ignored it.... now it;s completely broken off. I popped the engine hood to find the heat shield resting on the engine fans... luckily the fans weren't running.

You guys think I can continue to drive without the heat shield? Please see link. It's the black piece.
https://injen.com/i-30498717-injen-...p.html#!model=GTI||make=VOLKSWAGEN||year=2011

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Checked oil level and added a lil... Inspired by our other EA888 throwing a low oil pressure MIB warning during gf's commute to work. Dipstick did not show any oil :oops: last oil change was in July, 6500 ish miles ago. Good thing I had 5qts of Liquimoly and some Mann filters sitting around.

I guess now I've got to see if I can make out where 5qt of oil may have disappeared to. Maybe nab a UV flashlight off of Amazon since I put Molygen in there - there was nothing obvious when I was looking yesterday. Likely going to have to take it to the shop.

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
My INJEN air intake heat shield broke off.. It broke off the metal hinge and I ignored it.... now it;s completely broken off. I popped the engine hood to find the heat shield resting on the engine fans... luckily the fans weren't running.

You guys think I can continue to drive without the heat shield? Please see link. It's the black piece.
https://injen.com/i-30498717-injen-sp-short-ram-cold-air-intake-system-polished-sp3071p.html#!model=GTI||make=VOLKSWAGEN||year=2011
You'll be fine... just make sure that the filter is on tight and that it's being supported by something.

1st Gen

Passed Driver's Ed
I got around today and changed the oil and filter in preparation for the dealership oil consumption test. (no leaks) I also changed the in cabin air filter, low bean headlight bulbs, and the broken grill from when that guy backed into me. All the repairs went well, until I drove it. This looks like the intake manifold again. That's been changed with an OEM replacement. bahhh!

Engine faults.png

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion
You'll be fine... just make sure that the filter is on tight and that it's being supported by something.
this is how it looks without the INJEN heat-shield... the intake air filter is on tight and the air intake is screwed on tight.

RIP INJEN heat-shield... lasted more than 5 years...

Attachments

• intakeheatshieldMIA.jpg
    intakeheatshieldMIA.jpg
    649.1 KB · Views: 22

Cole2999

Autocross Champion
My boy officially no longer smells like a go kart :( stock downpipe went on and coolant plug was fixed. Amazing how much of a power difference adding a catalytic converter makes, it's noticably lacking now.

Still can't pass inspection because of P0491 🙄 there's no simple way to bypass that secondary air pump is there? Trick it into thinking it's functioning normally?

Blaznjoe

Drag Race Newbie
My boy officially no longer smells like a go kart :( stock downpipe went on and coolant plug was fixed. Amazing how much of a power difference adding a catalytic converter makes, it's noticably lacking now.

Still can't pass inspection because of P0491 🙄 there's no simple way to bypass that secondary air pump is there? Trick it into thinking it's functioning normally?
The secondary air pump is a significant part of emissions so I doubt you can trick it. Did you place the OEM intake back on and it’s still giving you an error?

Blaznjoe

Drag Race Newbie

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
Really?
Did some digging, turns out you're right.
"There are about 13 states which use the CBFA motor. CA, PA, CT, ME, MA, NH, NJ, NY, RI and VT all have the CBFA engines."