GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

The_Koof1

Ready to race!
Thanks. And of course it had to happen on the first day of vacation.

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Thanks. And of course it had to happen on the first day of vacation.

Urgh, I understand when things go wrong at the worst possible time.

Murphy's Law: Anything that can go wrong will go wrong, and at the worst possible time.

DarkDub

Passed Driver's Ed
Please for the love of god someone tell me how to make my Lagunas black ASAP. Too sick.

Plasti dipped mine :D

I used a sprayer made for plasti, but spray cans work really well. That's what I used on my 4runner.

CarniifeX

Go Kart Champion
Hit 1,000 miles today in a little over two weeks of ownership.

NeoSA1

Ready to race!
Installed a Magnaflow 3" catback system onto my catless 3" downpipe. Holy cow, best sounding exhaust EVER. I love this setup!

trev1342

Go Kart Champion

abraxas

Passed Driver's Ed
Had my stock clutch replaced with a Clutchmasters FX350. 18k and change total on the car, and only got about 6k on the stage 1 flash before I started slipping. Believe it or not, I drive pretty conservatively most of the time--I think what did me in were hard pulls in 5th/6th on the interstate when trying to pass someone.

Anyway, ~$2k later I have the new clutch in. The feel is WAY different. I stalled it twice in the parking lot when first driving away--there is almost no play before it begins to engage and the engagement window is super narrow. I feel like I have a pretty good feel for it following my ~20 mile commute home from work.

Now to wait out the 1k mile or so break-in before I can stop babying it, switch back to the stage 1 map, and really see what she can do.

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Had my stock clutch replaced with a Clutchmasters FX350. 18k and change total on the car, and only got about 6k on the stage 1 flash before I started slipping. Believe it or not, I drive pretty conservatively most of the time--I think what did me in were hard pulls in 5th/6th on the interstate when trying to pass someone.

Anyway, ~$2k later I have the new clutch in. The feel is WAY different. I stalled it twice in the parking lot when first driving away--there is almost no play before it begins to engage and the engagement window is super narrow. I feel like I have a pretty good feel for it following my ~20 mile commute home from work.

Now to wait out the 1k mile or so break-in before I can stop babying it, switch back to the stage 1 map, and really see what she can do.

Yep. New clutch makes all the difference. Although there really isn't much power to make it slip at 5th or 6th gear even when I floor it. Dropping it into 4th does the trick though. :)

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
My morning freeway commute, in LA no less! Lol.

How long are driving on the freeway? I drove "eco-consiously" for a 30 minute drive, little traffic, usually staying in between 60-68mph, I only hit 27.5 haha.

UNFOGIVABLE

Go Kart Champion
:
How long are driving on the freeway? I drove "eco-consiously" for a 30 minute drive, little traffic, usually staying in between 60-68mph, I only hit 27.5 haha.

55-60 increses your mileage a lot compared to 60+.
I usually average around 35 on my long trips.

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
:

55-60 increses your mileage a lot compared to 60+.
I usually average around 35 on my long trips.

Ah. Still, this car is great on gas. :thumbup:

abraxas

Passed Driver's Ed
Yep. New clutch makes all the difference. Although there really isn't much power to make it slip at 5th or 6th gear even when I floor it. Dropping it into 4th does the trick though. :)

Perhaps the scariest thing about it all is that now that I have the new clutch in, I've effectively raised the power limit--I was hesitant to go stage 2 before because I didn't want to push the stock clutch beyond its limits.

Now that I have this puppy in, though, I have a ceiling that should allow me to hit k04 levels should I want to go that high...