GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Thumper

Autocross Champion
I decided to finally replace what I thought were some old burned out LEDs in my interior. One of the previous owners put them in several years ago and the front dome's were not working. Also, I hate white interior lights, ruins night vision. So I got the full interior kit from DeAutoLED in red, just like I had in my GTI..

Now none of the interior lights work............awesome. The footwells, trunk, and rear domes were tested and working after they were replaced with the red, but after putting in the front domes nothing would work.

Hoping it's just a fuse, guess I might as well chase down the issue with the DRLs not working either while I am in the fuse box. I am hoping the R I searched for 4 months to find and aquire is not an electrical basketcase........ug. LMAO

Weather's rubbish here today so turned my attention to the interior as my new shift boot just turned up. It's not a perfect match for the seats but close enough. Haven't attached the boot to the knob yet as I'm waiting for a raceseng knob so will trim the boot once I decided which knob is staying and which is going on ebay.

I got a boot from ECS (alcantara with blue stitching to match the gauges, so sexy), and a weighted BFI knob (blue alcantara) I just haven't gotten to swapping out yet. I haven't looked at the boot yet, how tricky is it to replace that, does the outer trim ring just pop off?

Last edited:

Deathbyart

Go Kart Newbie
I got a boot from ECS (alcantara with blue stitching to match the gauges, so sexy), and a weighted BFI knob (blue alcantara) I just haven't gotten to swapping out yet. I haven't looked at the boot yet, how tricky is it to replace that, does the outer trim ring just pop off?
Yes it does. It's a fairly easy thing, just have to be careful not to snap any of the clips. Which of course I did...

NewGuy1

Go Kart Champion
I decided to finally replace what I thought were some burned out LEDs in my interior. One of the previous owners put them in several years ago and the front dome's were not working. Also, I hate white interior lights, ruins night vision. So I got the full interior kit from DeAutoLED in red, just like I had in my GTI..

Now none of the interior lights work............awesome. The footwells, trunk, and rear domes were tested and working after they were replaced with the red, but after putting in the front domes nothing would work.

Hoping it's just a fuse, guess I might as well chase down the issue with the DRLs not working either while I am in the fuse box. I am hoping the R I searched for 4 months to find and aquire is not an electrical basketcase........ug. LMAO

I would check your polarity on each LED, you can do this by simply switching the LED around.
DeAutoLED is fairly trusted and I would imagine its not a defective part.

alpha3

Go Kart Champion
Not really, don't get gas in your eye ball, don't break the lines.
For SURE. I've changed mine twice, at 50k and 100k. Do the job first thing in the morning, having let it sit overnite. Open your gas tank door and remove the cap; all this to lessen the gasoline pressure that will spray on you, have a small pail and shop rags/towel ready. Use a pick to press on the inconveniently located release buttons on the gas lines. Don't forget to push the gas line in toward the filter first, before pulling it off. These will really annoy you -- but take your time. If they break, well.....don't break'em.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Got the turbo clocked. Still smooshed against the timing cover. I rotated the compressor side about 1/8th inch. Oil feed line was giving my issues getting lined up. Cut the bracket off and she lined up nicely. All the lines are hooked up and I flipped the elbow so the pancake fits in better. Also discovered where a little O-ring goes that came with my kit. It goes on the end of the oil feed line that goes into the block.

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Drove it down the street to get my exhaust “fixed” and holy smokes. Oil soaked the entire exhaust all the way back and the whole underside of the car...

11D2C216-B2B6-4194-AA0F-F9CD5FF5EFD2.jpeg

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Just dropped her off at a small mom and pop Mexican shop so hopefully by tomorrow morning they can get the feed lines worked out but I just don’t have the time to work on it right now with military obligations and Uni classes starting. Oil all over the hatch, the underside of the car, just absolutely everywhere. Went through a ton of oil just driving 5mi down the road, looks like coolant isn’t holding either.

Luckily I found a set of wheels to borrow for the rest of the week, otherwise I would’ve been SOL

torga

Autocross Champion
Just dropped her off at a small mom and pop Mexican shop so hopefully by tomorrow morning they can get the feed lines worked out but I just don’t have the time to work on it right now with military obligations and Uni classes starting. Oil all over the hatch, the underside of the car, just absolutely everywhere. Went through a ton of oil just driving 5mi down the road, looks like coolant isn’t holding either.

Luckily I found a set of wheels to borrow for the rest of the week, otherwise I would’ve been SOL
What a fiasco!! I hope they can get you set up soon.

I was going to wash my car today, but turns out I lost my wash mitt. I could've stopped by Pep Boys or somewhere to grab a new one... but I want a Chemical Guys mitt so I'll wait a couple days.

alpha3

Go Kart Champion
Bummer, I feel bad for you MK6autobahn.....all that work and time; I know how THAT feels. You put 110% effort, but sometimes the fates just laugh at us. Hope that shop gets you squared away soon!

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Damn you did all that work to be defeated by a couple of crush washers. :(

Hopefully the shop doesn't charge you too much. Do they need to remove the turbo to get to those feed lines?