GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Yeah but those are for the lower ones, the block has the markings for the uppers.

I believe it's just thickness. That's gonna be the plan most likely, I just hope I can return the ones I don't need as they are ~$35 each
The old Mercs had markings on the crank by color. They didn't sell half a bearing, so that would be weird if the upper/lower were different sizes.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Yeah but those are for the lower ones, the block has the markings for the uppers.

I believe it's just thickness. That's gonna be the plan most likely, I just hope I can return the ones I don't need as they are ~$35 each
Can you take one with you when you go buy them to confirm they match?

smanierre

Autocross Champion
The old Mercs had markings on the crank by color. They didn't sell half a bearing, so that would be weird if the upper/lower were different sizes.
Unfortunately vw does sell half's and I've had people confirm there are separate markings on the block
Can you take one with you when you go buy them to confirm they match?
I may have the machine shop measure the old ones and go off that. Hopefully it works

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Unfortunately vw does sell half's and I've had people confirm there are separate markings on the block
Well that’s stupid.

I would call the machine shop and see what they can do to help. I bet it’s possible to take measurements with your old ones, compare that to the specified tolerance, and determine what specific bearing to buy to get it into, or keep it within spec.

Knotical

Drag Racing Champion
Anybody else feel like they’re driving an endangered species?

When I first bought my car in 2009 I think I went a lot of months before I saw another mk6 on the road. Now I’ll go days to weeks between seeing another mk6, I almost feel like I see more mk5s anymore.

On one hand that makes me sad, on the other hand I kind of feel like I’ve got something special again.
I see probably 2 MK6s and 4 MK5s each time I go out... Maybe they're all migrating to the SF bay area?

Knotical

Drag Racing Champion
Anyone else had the visor just... fall off? Took the car up to Tahoe and back today, and when I got there the visor just fell and was hanging loose. The little screw holding it into the roof backed itself out... as far as I can tell the threads are still fine.
20220327_091003.jpg

Al.gabriel

Winter update/ first post long time lurker I messed up my front bumper driving to work, so it's currently getting all repaired! But threw on an apr rsc exhaust and finished(for now) the turbo install thanks to the boys at Chicane, a great euro shop near Kansas city! When it's back from the body shop I wanna throw it on a dyno and will plan more from their. Turbo is a turbozentrum efr7163

Attachments

• 20220217_095018.jpg
    20220217_095018.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 42
  • 20220110_171212.jpg
    20220110_171212.jpg
    234 KB · Views: 44
  • received_465961621566963.jpeg
    received_465961621566963.jpeg
    32.5 KB · Views: 41
  • received_665056811523404.jpeg
    received_665056811523404.jpeg
    26.9 KB · Views: 51

SliMbo2.5

Ready to race!
Anybody else feel like they’re driving an endangered species?

When I first bought my car in 2009 I think I went a lot of months before I saw another mk6 on the road. Now I’ll go days to weeks between seeing another mk6, I almost feel like I see more mk5s anymore.

On one hand that makes me sad, on the other hand I kind of feel like I’ve got something special again.
I tend see mk7 Rs and GTIs more than anything else around here. Although I did end up behind a stock mk6 4dr last night on my way home from work

SliMbo2.5

Ready to race!
Anyone else had the visor just... fall off? Took the car up to Tahoe and back today, and when I got there the visor just fell and was hanging loose. The little screw holding it into the roof backed itself out... as far as I can tell the threads are still fine. View attachment 244067

I ended up just pulling mine off cause the dealer I bought mine from did a shitty job fixing the headliner and the visor didn't get reattached correctly. I'll put it back on once I redo the headliner fabric, whenever that is.

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
Getting the car aligned today after all the suspension work I had done last week.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Rods finally got here today. Now to just sit on them for a bit. Ordered my new main bearings as well. Got a set of KS ones from a shop in cali. Apparently they are the OEM supplier for VW and a set was about 1/3 the price that VW charged. Gonna have the tolerances checked by the machine shop and hopefully I dont need to get any new ones. Once those get here i'll take it to get the machine work done, then it's build time.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Rods finally got here today. Now to just sit on them for a bit. Ordered my new main bearings as well. Got a set of KS ones from a shop in cali. Apparently they are the OEM supplier for VW and a set was about 1/3 the price that VW charged. Gonna have the tolerances checked by the machine shop and hopefully I dont need to get any new ones. Once those get here i'll take it to get the machine work done, then it's build time.

There's still time to return those IE parts and get some FFE internals 🤷

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion