GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

GolNat

Autocross Champion

I thought it was Eminem from Rap God at first but when I zoomed in I knew it wasn’t him but didn’t know who it was. Now I know where it came from.

1656063398472.jpeg

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Is the geometry really the same? Nice find.
Wait no, maybe I'm not incorrect... I'm finding some odd conflicting information. When I search for Volkswagen CC intercooler part as shown on ECS the number it doesn't match the Golf R part number. But when I search for the Golf R part number on Google I'm finding listings on ebay with that part number stating it's for the CC, with the pictures showing the correct connection type. I'm also finding listings on Amazon and VW Parts sites listing the CC as being compatible.

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
To make this clear...

I'm 95% sure the 2008 to 2012 CC got the GTI intercooler, and the 2013 to 2017 CC got the Golf R intercooler.

...hence my confusion. Some aftermarket sites treat the entire CC run as a single generation, so when I was poking around I must have only looked at the early CC intercooler listing and either missed the other one or it just wasn't there.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
I need some help here. I'm going to be just getting a new set of suspension since mine is all seized up. I'm torn between PSS 10s and Ohlins. Obviously Ohlins are the better choice here, but is there enough difference to justify the extra $500? I'm leaning towards the ohlins, just wanted others opinions.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I need some help here. I'm going to be just getting a new set of suspension since mine is all seized up. I'm torn between PSS 10s and Ohlins. Obviously Ohlins are the better choice here, but is there enough difference to justify the extra $500? I'm leaning towards the ohlins, just wanted others opinions.
Just buy my setup I'm selling. Vwr springs on koni orange. Top hats already installed.

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
I had the Ohlins Road & Track installed a while back along with the Superpro control arms. It handles like a go cart.

I can’t compare it to anything but the stock suspension, but I have had a shit eating grin for months on end.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Just buy my setup I'm selling. Vwr springs on koni orange. Top hats already installed.
I'm trying to have this be the last suspension upgrade I need so I wanted something that I wouldn't be able to out drive after some experience.
I had the Ohlins Road & Track installed a while back along with the Superpro control arms. It handles like a go cart.

I can’t compare it to anything but the stock suspension, but I have had a shit eating grin for months on end.

Ohlins are worlds better than pss10
Welp, looks like i'm getting ohlins

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
I'm trying to have this be the last suspension upgrade I need so I wanted something that I wouldn't be able to out drive after some experience.

Welp, looks like i'm getting ohlins
Don't overlook eibach multipro r2's. They arent widely known because they have remote reservoirs which scare people but it makes adjustments super easy.

What camber plates are you going to get?

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Don't overlook eibach multipro r2's. They arent widely known because they have remote reservoirs which scare people but it makes adjustments super easy.

What camber plates are you going to get?
No idea, any recommendations?

GolNat

Autocross Champion

GolNat

Autocross Champion
I have gone back and forth on those too.

Seatbelts, you might as well just get an aftermarket replacement, dyeing will be more trouble than its worth

I'm waiting on SafetyRestore to send mine back. They go in next week. 👍🏻

If you use that company makes it easier

I found that company a while ago but have not tried them so I’m curious how it will turn out.

Last edited: