GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

HeloHarmonics

Ready to race!
Decided to replace the diaphragm in my PCV valve for preventative reasons and it looks like it was already torn so glad I did it. Replaced it with the RKX "upgraded" diaphragm and it was really easy aside from getting the cap off the PCV.

Also someone hit my car while parked, but at least they took responsibility and left a note, oh wait... no they didn't. Left a crack in my paint. :cry: Still deciding what to do about it. What would you guys do?

Attachments

• PXL_20220701_173910486.jpg
    PXL_20220701_173910486.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 44
  • PXL_20220701_173919146.MP.jpg
    PXL_20220701_173919146.MP.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 38
  • PXL_20220701_181230717.jpg
    PXL_20220701_181230717.jpg
    1,006 KB · Views: 37
  • PXL_20220701_181259387.MP.jpg
    PXL_20220701_181259387.MP.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 37

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Decided to replace the diaphragm in my PCV valve for preventative reasons and it looks like it was already torn so glad I did it. Replaced it with the RKX "upgraded" diaphragm and it was really easy aside from getting the cap off the PCV.

Also someone hit my car while parked, but at least they took responsibility and left a note, oh wait... no they didn't. Left a crack in my paint. :cry: Still deciding what to do about it. What would you guys do?
Sorry to see that.

I'd get it addressed sooner than later.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Oof. The price you pay for deep dish!

GolNat

Autocross Champion
No man. This car had to be under water at some point in it's life.

I thought that was normal for you rust belt people?

My wagon came from Michigan and with only 30k miles on it looked worse then all my other cars with 3x the mileage.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Got a good amount done on the car today. Ended up just re-using the bolts for the accessory bracket, others said they have multiple times with no issue. If I have to pull it off again i'll replace them. Got the upper and lower timing covers on without issue. The sealant for the lower cover came in a mini caulk tube thing which made it super easy to lay the bead, definitely one of the better ones i've done.
Oil chain tensioner in:

Sealant bead on the timing cover:

All sealed up with new upper timing cover gasket as well:

Got the accessory bracket on and installed the oil cooler adapter plate. I have the cooler itself, just need to get the lines now and figure out where i'm going to mount it. This one has the thermostat built in as well so it should get up to temp faster.

Alternator on with adapter for the oil temp and pressure sensors:

I finally trimmed the bolt (middle bolt) since it was about 1/2" too long before. Now it can be fully tightened and sits flush:

Oil pressure and temp gauges that came with the cluster. Just need to wire them up once the engine is in but that will be really simple:

A/C dummy pulley and bracket. I know the ac compressor doesn't sap and power when it's not on, but hey it's about 10-15lbs (probably more) of weight saved so 🤷‍♀️:

Put in the dip stick tube and fluidampr back on to round off the night:

Now i'm just waiting on the water pump union so I can get the pump installed, then i'll move onto the vac pump, hpfp, and intake manifold/injectors. We getting there.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
She's gonna run better than new my guy. 🔥
That's the hope! Looks like the water pump union may be getting here today so pump may go on tonight

Alex mk6gti

Oggi ho fatto una buona quantità di lavoro sull'auto. Alla fine ho semplicemente riutilizzato i bulloni per la staffa accessoria, altri hanno detto che si sono verificati più volte senza problemi. Se devo smontarlo di nuovo li sostituisco. Ho montato le coperture di temporizzazione superiore e inferiore senza problemi. Il sigillante per il coperchio inferiore è arrivato in un mini tubo di mastice che ha reso super facile la posa del tallone, sicuramente uno dei migliori che ho fatto.
Tendicatena olio in:

Cordone di sigillante sul coperchio della distribuzione:

Il tutto sigillato anche con nuova guarnizione coperchio distribuzione superiore:

Ho montato la staffa degli accessori e ho installato la piastra dell'adattatore del radiatore dell'olio. Ho il dispositivo di raffreddamento stesso, ho solo bisogno di prendere le linee ora e capire dove lo monto. Anche questo ha il termostato integrato, quindi dovrebbe aumentare la temperatura più velocemente.

Alternatore acceso con adattatore per sensori temperatura olio e pressione:

Alla fine ho tagliato il bullone (bullone centrale) poiché era di circa 1/2 "troppo tempo prima. Ora può essere serrato completamente e si trova a filo:

Indicatori della pressione dell'olio e della temperatura forniti con il cluster. Devo solo collegarli una volta che il motore è acceso, ma sarà davvero semplice:

Puleggia fittizia e staffa dell'aria condizionata. So che il compressore CA non si scarica e si accende quando non è acceso, ma ehi, sono circa 10-15 libbre (probabilmente di più) di peso risparmiati, quindi 🤷‍♀️:

Inserisci il tubo dell'astina e rimetti fluidampr per concludere la serata:

Ora sto solo aspettando il raccordo della pompa dell'acqua in modo da poter installare la pompa, quindi passerò alla pompa del vuoto, all'HPFP e al collettore di aspirazione/iniettori. Ci stiamo arrivando.

great job👌💪💪

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Also just ordered all the parts needed to finish the oil cooler setup. Just needed the hoses and some fittings, now I just need to find where i'm going to mount the actual cooler and the rest should be pretty quick to get on there

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Thanks bro. 👌🏼
No problem. Also while you're at it clean your seats. Look filthy.

Stock, clean, well maintained tartan seats are better than your set up.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Went out quick and adjusted the oil cooler adapter plate as I realized the lines will need to go out to the side to get routed properly. Just had to loosen it and give it a quick spin. Also put in the AN connectors for when all the new ones arrive.

Also mocking up where i'm gonna be putting the cooler itself. This seems to be the only area it will fit, but i'll have to make a bracket of some sort as I don't trust just the bottom plastic to hold it on and I don't really want to remove a fog light for it at this point. I know being right up against the intercooler isn't ideal, but it shouldn't hurt IATs that bad right?

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Everyone puts their oil cooler there. I wouldn't remove the fog light either.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Everyone puts their oil cooler there. I wouldn't remove the fog light either.
I asked in a racing group on FB and got the same response. I'll probably be getting a wider one in the future but just to get it running and tuned this will suffice