GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
Worth a shot. Just need to see if I can recreate the misfires again before I regap them, haven't seen it since the drive yesterday morning which is odd.
It's still worth trying it, even if the misfires are gone. Unless, your tuner at Stratified recommends keeping them at .028. When I had my old K04 tuned by Alex at Stratified, I was using a .024 gap, as well as prior tunes from both Unitronic and APR.

Knotical

Drag Racing Champion
It's still worth trying it, even if the misfires are gone. Unless, your tuner at Stratified recommends keeping them at .028. When I had my old K04 tuned by Alex at Stratified, I was using a .024 gap, as well as prior tunes from both Unitronic and APR.
Gotcha, I'm actually waiting on a tune from Sneekytuned right now. I'll see what he suggests for plug gap. If he doesn't have a preference, or his preference gives trouble 0.24 sounds like the next move.

Alpinee30

Go Kart Newbie
Eh, I considered it but I don't think it's super likely. I tossed in new Brisk Silver plugs at 28 thou gap before finishing the K04 install.

After some data logging I'm consistently down 5-6 PSI boost from requested at WOT. Pretty sure I've just got a big boost leak. Fuel trims are pretty negative on boost too
Do you happen to have an aftermarket throttle pipe?

They can leak right at the Map threw the threads it will fuck with the car big time and cause misfires underload and low boost reporting. Anerobic sealant is what I use. To seal it Because I pushed thread sealant out.

Knotical

Drag Racing Champion
Do you happen to have an aftermarket throttle pipe?

They can leak right at the Map threw the threads it will fuck with the car big time and cause misfires underload and low boost reporting. Anerobic sealant is what I use. To seal it Because I pushed thread sealant out.
Not yet. Was actually planning to install a Nuespeed throttle pipe soon, so that's good to know.

I only got the misfire under high boost going uphill around 3k RPM. Not a scenario I like to run the car in, but I consider it a stress test. Haven't been able to recreate it yet.

Alpinee30

Go Kart Newbie
Not yet. Was actually planning to install a Nuespeed throttle pipe soon, so that's good to know.

I only got the misfire under high boost going uphill around 3k RPM. Not a scenario I like to run the car in, but I consider it a stress test. Haven't been able to recreate it yet.
My comment is directly related to a Nuespeed charge pipe. I had really bad misfiring with that leak over 4krpm .

Knotical

Drag Racing Champion
Neuspeed throttle pipe is in. Just gotta take it for a spin and make sure I didn't add another boost leak
20230926_142436.jpg

Thumper

Autocross Champion
I'm running 0.24gap with stratified protune also. i used 0.24 with apr in the past with good results

Just to as always be the oddity in the crowd, unless the EA113 is that different........I ran .024 for about 10k miles, no real drivability issues but the plugs looked like garbage when they came out, previous plugs were put in by the PO and were gapped at .028 and looked normal. Running NGK BKR8EIX and currently have the new set gapped at .028 and runs fine still, see what they look like when I pull them at the end of the season (Free with FCP, just replace them every year) but have even logged them before and after the APR coils went in, no issues.

GolNat

Autocross Champion

Knotical

Drag Racing Champion
What kit is that?
LowGlow. Pretty happy with it, the lights themselves are great. The control unit is OK.

I need to redo the front and rear lighting soon, but that's my bad.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Drove the car to work yesterday. Got on it a bit on lunch but not too bad. When I went to leave for the day there were some oil spots on the ground. Looks like it's coming from my front crankcase ventilation cover, but still gotta look into it

GolNat

Autocross Champion